Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Auto Goodwill and PFD Success!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Auto Goodwill and PFD Success!!

I've been having great success rebuilding my credit after my divorce and I wanted to share a few of my recent successes that stemmed from the advice I've gathered by reading through these forums. I had a medical bill from an unexpected medical incident that went to collections so I wrote a nice PFD letter to the collection agency. A week later I received a quick written response agreeing to remove the account from my report upon full payment. I sent the check in last week and got another letter from them today thanking me for my payment and letting me know that they requested the deletion using e-oscar. Checked today and sure enough, the account had been removed and my score jumped up 30 points.

During my divorce, I had three 30-day late payments on my Chase Auto loan due to my money being tied up in attorney fees and transitioning from one income to two. My ex-husband moved out and left me to maintain the household. The divorce and financial wrath from the divorce are now well behind me but those three late payments were really hurting my credit. I wrote a very nice and sincere email to the CEO explaining my situation and stating the reasons why I was late on the payments. I said that I took full responsibility for the late payments but that my circumstances during that time are not representative of my current financial situation. I received a call from the Chase Executive Office the very next day from a nice man who said they received my email and would look into my request. I received another call today letting me know that they would be updating my account reporting to show no delinquencies! He called back a short time later to let me know that he forgot to tell me that it could take up to 30 days to reflect the change on my report. I am so grateful for Chase giving me a second chance! I can't wait to see those late payments disappear.

Thanks to everyone on these forums for all of the great tips and advice! My scores are all in the 700 - 730 range, I've recently qualified for premier credit cards with great credit limits, and most importantly, I can honestly say that I have good credit. Feels so good!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
needtodobetter
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Auto Goodwill and PFD Success!!

Great work!! You should be proud. Congrats!!
05/01/15: EQ 519 TU 541 EX 506
10/28/15: EQ 637 TU 646 EX 622
First Goal Score: 600
Second Goal Score: 640
Message 2 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats

Emoticon-Thumbs Up.png

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you!!!!!!!!! Could you PM me and share the email you used to send your GW letter you used for Chase Auto. Thanks. Or perhaps anyone who could pass the email on to me as this post is a bit old. thanks
Message 4 of 10
IdPrincess03
Valued Member

Can someone please send me Chase's information I can send a GW letter or email? I'm hoping they will delete some of the negatives  payments I have listed on my credit reports. I've paid them off but would like to get the payment history cleaned up. Thanks!

**I AM NOT A LAWYER OR EXPERT IN DEBT RECOVERY. ALL IS ADVICE IS GIVEN BASED ON MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. WHEN IN DOUBT, SEEK PROFESSIONAL LEGAL ADVICE.**
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

can you please share with me the chace contacts email and gw letter i have the same issue

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd love that info too - I have a Chase Auto Loan with 2 lates on it - would love to clear it up!  

Address and sample would be great!

Thanks

Message 7 of 10
IdPrincess03
Valued Member

I didn't get any success with the goodwill letters I sent but I will say unlike other companies it was nice to see a response to my letter where they actually read what I wrote and it wasn't just a form letter.  I used this info I found online and sent snail mail:

James Dimon
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
JP Morgan Chase
270 Park Avenue, 39th Floor
New York, NY 10017
(Mod Cut- Direct phone/email contact info cannot be posted in the public forum)

I just paid them off so to get the rejection letter, it didn't hurt too much.  I'll just keep trying. 

**I AM NOT A LAWYER OR EXPERT IN DEBT RECOVERY. ALL IS ADVICE IS GIVEN BASED ON MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. WHEN IN DOUBT, SEEK PROFESSIONAL LEGAL ADVICE.**
Message 8 of 10
wa3more
Established Contributor

I guess it is hit or miss with Chase depending on who you talk to. I had a couple 30 day lates with Chase from 2009 and despite my relationshipship since 1988, they told me to stick it multiple times. Something about the integrity of their reporting.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too am attempting to get a good contact for my Chase Auto goodwill... Was anyone successful in getting Nobes Chase contact info? Please PM me if you did. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.