Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CC deleted

tag
CC40
Regular Contributor

Chase CC deleted

I had a charge off with Chase back in 2008.  I sent a GW letter asking for deletion of the neg info.  Just got a call that they are willing to delete the entire account, but not just the neg info.  I accepted, of course, but I am wondering how this will change my score.  I have other accounts just as old for the age factor piece of my score.  Is this a good settlement?

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
2NE1
Established Contributor

Re: Chase CC deleted

You made a great choice. I had two Chase COs from 2010 (opened since '07) and I had their TLs removed, it helped my score by raising it, I don't know exactly by how much but it definitely improved it cause those derogs weren't gonna go away till 2017!
Message 2 of 28
nws2002
Established Member

Just curious, were these paid CO or did they have an oustanding balance?

Message 3 of 28
cmelvin62
Established Member

Oh my goodness, how? Did you have to pay for the deletion. I have three CO with Chase from 2006 that should be IIB. But if I can at least ask for deletion I will. Can you share more detail about the GW letter. Thank you very much!

Starting Score EQ 568 EX 638 TU602
Current Score: EQ NFCU 68810/12 TU MyFico 9/12 678 EX USAA 660 10/12
Goal Score: 700 middle
Message 4 of 28
cmelvin62
Established Member

Also, can someone help me figure out how to update my score. Thank you!

Starting Score EQ 568 EX 638 TU602
Current Score: EQ NFCU 68810/12 TU MyFico 9/12 678 EX USAA 660 10/12
Goal Score: 700 middle
Message 5 of 28
2NE1
Established Contributor

@nws2002 wrote:

Just curious, were these paid CO or did they have an oustanding balance?

One CC was paid to them (paid in full), the other CC was sold to a CA.
Message 6 of 28
CC40
Regular Contributor

I just read other posts on here about success with Chase (never imagining that it would work).  It was a paid charge-off though.  I just explained my story and they called me today.  The gentleman said he would be sending a letter to the effect.  I can't wait to get it in my hand!

Message 7 of 28
2NE1
Established Contributor

@cmelvin62 wrote:

Also, can someone help me figure out how to update my score. Thank you!

You mean the scores on your signature? Just go to the third link (My Settings) on the upper right side and look for the signature box. Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 28
CC40
Regular Contributor

I read somewhere though that you don't want the entire CC history deleted because it can actually backfire on a FICO score. ?????????????  They are deleting the years that I did pay on time everytime as well as the negative.  It was a 7 year old car.  That is why I posted.  I was concerned it may not have the immediate benefit I am hoping for.  Wanted some input.

Message 9 of 28
2NE1
Established Contributor

@DixieGirlx3 wrote:

I read somewhere though that you don't want the entire CC history deleted because it can actually backfire on a FICO score. ?????????????  They are deleting the years that I did pay on time everytime as well as the negative.  It was a 7 year old car.  That is why I posted.  I was concerned it may not have the immediate benefit I am hoping for.  Wanted some input.

Well that depends, how many lates did you had? Were there several 30+, 60+, 90+, 120+? Mine were bad from 30+ to 150+, it was worth losing those three years' history cause I would've had to wait seven years and constantly been explaining those lates to new creditors, etc etc.
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.