cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CC

tag
Sunnyinaz

Chase CC

Hello! I'm hoping to benefit from some wisdom here.  My husband and I have an old Chase CC account that is closed and that we have been diligently paying.  We have paid consistently on this account and have been extremely careful to not pay anything late.  Finally, after a few years we were down to our last payment of about 95 dollars.  I kept checking my checking account statement and thought it odd that our last payment was never taken out.  So, a few days after the auto pay usually posts, I called Chase.  They said the auto pays were stopped but could take the payment over the phone which I made (just a few days after the payment usally posts).  Today I received an alert from Transunion that they reported a 30 day late to our account.  Completely deflated I called Chase and while they said, "yes I can see here you have been making your payments, etc. but there is nothing we can do."  This is completely unfair.  Does anyone have any good contact information for Chase of who I can write to and complain?  I seriously think this is completely ridiculous and there must be something that we can do.  We have been so careful to pay down our bills and to not make any mistakes only to have this happen is very depressing.  Any help anyone can provide would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase CC

@Sunnyinaz wrote:

Hello! I'm hoping to benefit from some wisdom here.  My husband and I have an old Chase CC account that is closed and that we have been diligently paying.  We have paid consistently on this account and have been extremely careful to not pay anything late.  Finally, after a few years we were down to our last payment of about 95 dollars.  I kept checking my checking account statement and thought it odd that our last payment was never taken out.  So, a few days after the auto pay usually posts, I called Chase.  They said the auto pays were stopped but could take the payment over the phone which I made (just a few days after the payment usally posts).  Today I received an alert from Transunion that they reported a 30 day late to our account.  Completely deflated I called Chase and while they said, "yes I can see here you have been making your payments, etc. but there is nothing we can do."  This is completely unfair.  Does anyone have any good contact information for Chase of who I can write to and complain?  I seriously think this is completely ridiculous and there must be something that we can do.  We have been so careful to pay down our bills and to not make any mistakes only to have this happen is very depressing.  Any help anyone can provide would be appreciated.

Did Chase close the card, and you were working on paying it off using a payment plan?

What caused the auto-payments to stop?

It's not Chase's fault that the payment didn't go through, but I understand your frustration. Why did you wait so long to investigate the issue, or are you stating Chase reported 30 days late "a few days" after the auto payment usually posts? Either way, I don't think there is any justification in complaining to Chase about it because they didn't receive payment and correctly reported it late. It is your responsibility to confirm payment each and every month not the creditors.  Maybe look into the reason the auto payment stopped instead. 

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 2 of 5
Sunnyinaz

Hi,

Thanks.  Yes I agree with you that it is our responsibility to ensure that the payment is made however I called just five days after our normal payment posts.  I waited just a few days to see if it would post and when it did not, I called and made the payment immediately over the phone with the rep.  The issue I have is that they should see by reviewing our account that payments have been made every month on time and this one was just a few days late.  There have been no late payments on this account reported and on the very last payment we now have a 30 day late mark on our credit report.

Message 3 of 5
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Sunnyinaz wrote:

Hi,

Thanks.  Yes I agree with you that it is our responsibility to ensure that the payment is made however I called just five days after our normal payment posts.  I waited just a few days to see if it would post and when it did not, I called and made the payment immediately over the phone with the rep.  The issue I have is that they should see by reviewing our account that payments have been made every month on time and this one was just a few days late.  There have been no late payments on this account reported and on the very last payment we now have a 30 day late mark on our credit report.

Yes it stinks this happened, but instead of calling and complaining why not try calling and explaining. Use the backdoor number to get more success than just calling the frontline CSRs.

Just explain the auto pay issue and ask them to look at your payment history on this account and ask if they could take that into consideration. However, if they don't, while that sucks there is nothing you can do b/c the payment was technically late was it not?

Just curious, does your payment usually process on the due date or before? Not sure of the grace period, but it seems you may have just waited too long to take care of it.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 4 of 5
2NE1
Established Contributor

Sorry to hear this happened! I'm sending you a contact e-mail. Hope it's of some help! Good luck!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.