Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CO 1099c

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase CO 1099c

I recently disputed a charged off chase entry on my experian report due to a 1099c i received from them last year. The status went from "account charged off. $1335 written off. $1335 past due as of oct 2013" to "Paid, Closed. $1335 written off."

The thing is that i also have a judgement for the same account. Does the 1099c and/or the fact that my disputing of the balance was successful have and bearing on weather i can dispute the reporting of the judgement or just the balance of the judgement?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase CO 1099c

@Anonymous wrote:
I recently disputed a charged off chase entry on my experian report due to a 1099c i received from them last year. The status went from "account charged off. $1335 written off. $1335 past due as of oct 2013" to "Paid, Closed. $1335 written off."

The thing is that i also have a judgement for the same account. Does the 1099c and/or the fact that my disputing of the balance was successful have and bearing on weather i can dispute the reporting of the judgement or just the balance of the judgement?

A 1099-C doesnt cancel out a judgment and if this judgment was prior to issuance of the 1099-C and obtained by Chase then they need to file a motion to vacate it since they are saying they will not persue. Its highly probable the judgment still can be enforced and you need to get this settled... If the judgment was obtained after the 1099-C was issued by someone other than Chase then you need to be talking with a lawyer.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase CO 1099c

If the creditor voluntary cancelled the debt, as is indicated by their sending of a form 1099c, the debt itself is discharged, but the judgment remains as a public record.

Only the court can vacate its judgment.

Discharge of the principal debt may not necessarity result in satisfaction of the terms of the judgment.  The judment itself may have addtiionally provided for legal or other fees above that of the principal debt set forth in the judgment. 

Did the judgment creditor file a notice of satisfaction/cancelleation with the court, and if so, did it indicate that if applied to the entire indebetness?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.