cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Charge-Off Circle of Death - In Need of Help!

tag
ajay92
Established Member

Re: Chase Charge-Off Circle of Death - In Need of Help!

Aw pooh. I tried lol, but she's had a job here for awhile & she goes to school here.

Starting Score: 502
Current Score: 564
Goal Score: 625

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 28
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 22 of 28
ajay92
Established Member

Seems like someone just has to live here for an entire year, which she has. So even though her drivers license is through GA she can still claim residency here?

Message 23 of 28
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

@DaBears wrote:

MAN!!! My head is spinning on this one. She lives back in Ohio where this all took place but she is still a GA resident? 

She would be until she meets the minimum standards for residency.  Could be 2 months, could be 6 months.

Here in IL they give you ten days LOL

Message 24 of 28
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@ajay92 wrote:

Seems like someone just has to live here for an entire year, which she has. So even though her drivers license is through GA she can still claim residency here?

I was referring to the law that says they must change their license within so many days.  She could be in a lot of trouble if she doesn't.

I don't believe you can live in one state and claim residency in another.  Especially when she is working and will have to file taxes.

Message 25 of 28
ajay92
Established Member

It hasn't been a full calendar year, just a year as of about July. When she filed this years taxes she filed as a GA resident but paid her Ohio taxes since she was working here and she didn't run into any problems.

Message 26 of 28
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Just be careful because I am not sure that is legal.  Especially if it is done every year.  I was just reading an article about airline pilots who were doing this and it backfired.

Message 27 of 28
ajay92
Established Member

Interesting. I think we both assumed since she was a full-time student they wouldn't say anything strange about it, I will have her look into that though. Thank you again for the help!

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.