Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Charge Off - question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Charge Off - question

about a year ago I had a Chase Credit Card that went into collections and i immediately established a payment plan with Nationwide credit and paid on time every month and sent extra money to pay it off. This account was paid entirely and on time.

I contacted the EO at Chase to see if they would remove the 30 day late payments for the past 10 months and they will not do it. What I don't understand is if I set up a payment plan with the collection company and allways on time how can Chase continue to mark my account late each month? What else can I do about this?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Charge Off - question

Very similar situation here. I set up automatic payments and diligently paid until it was completely paid off. Mine wasn't a charge-off, just a regular account. I called Chase when I discovered everything and they said that the lates happened when I originally fell behind and I would have needed to make extra payments to become current. At no point did any of the agents I spoke with tell me that I would continue to be marked 30-60 days late. Now everything is paid off and I have nearly 2 years of late payments. I wrote the EO and got a similar response -- actually they discovered one month that they hadn't reported, so they fixed that -- thanks Smiley Frustrated 

I just wrote another letter to the EO asking them to delete the last 6 months-1 year of lates -- I'm not optimistic, but we'll see.

In your case, I'm surprised your extra payments wouldn't have brought you current. Not sure it'll help, but writing another GW letter is worth a try.

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Bottom line is that neithr their taking of a charge-off or their referral to a debt collector for collection assistance effects the fact that the account is delinquent.

They can continue to report delinquency until the debt is no longer delinquent.

A creditor will often cease piling on additional delinquencies when the consumer is under a payment plan, but technically is not required to do so.

However, it is a poor business practice, and I would approach upper management with a GW request based on your meeting the conditions of your repayment plan.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Prior to 2014 I had the Chase account since 1999 and around 5 years ago I was in a debt management account and the account was never late. As soon as the account went into collections I took the raines and paid 2 large payments and paid it each month. Anyway, I will send a letter explaining all of this but who should I send it to? Thanks
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Would happen to have a sample copy of your GW letter that you can forward to me?

Thanks,

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.