Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase, Comcast and AFNI GW Success.

tag
AussieDan

Chase, Comcast and AFNI GW Success.

Sorry of the long 1st post Smiley Wink

After deciding to stick around in the states for at least a few more years (been here 11-12 now), I figured it was time to grow and fix the mess I'd let get pretty terrible when I got divorced a few years ago

I basically stopped paying anything and everything that was associated with the Ex, most of it was in my name though so it really was only screwing me lol. But I was buying everything cash and had no long term plans to stay in the states anyway so I didn't care.

Fast forward 4 years.... 

I look at my credit and holy crap it was horrible lol

In march I had 

2 Charge off on a Chase CC + collection + judgements

Charge off on Citi CC + collection + judgment

Charge off + collection on comcast (their mistake!)

3 Verizon charge offs all under a couple hundred bucks which just annoys me)

Oil company collections

tax lein

Forclosure 

bunch of lates/30/60/90 etc

What a PITA this was going to be to clean up I thought to myself lol.

So in March I settled (NOT full payment) all of the collections. last week I decided to start proactively reaching out to some of these guys and trying to get them to remove the negative info.

---- Chase

sent out a GW email to Chase last week, within 2-3 hours of shooting the email off I had one of the most pleasant customer service people on the line I've ever worked with. She was great, it took a few days but yesterday I got word that she would be deleting both Chase trade lines from my report which is fantastic. 

One of those lines had a collection on it that had already been removed, however one of the cards was sold to midland *mumbles*. They were already reporting a 0 balance closed on 2 of the 3 CRA's but now I can complete remove them as well hopefully *YAY*

------- Comcast

I reached out to Comcast's "recovery" department because the regular reps couldnt even find the account that was being reported to collections.

Eventually they found it and told me the $$ were for equipment that was "not returned". This account was from 2009! I've moved multiple times and had comcast service the entire time and not once was this issue ever mentioned... After explaining that to the Rep on the phone i was given an "investigation ticket" and they would "look for the hardware in the warehouse" REALLY?! it was 4 years ago, the hardware isn't even used anymore! ... 

anyway i was told to call back a week later for a status, which is did. You know what i way told at that point? Oh yes... It would be 2 more weeks... and "they dont know why i was told a week, these normally take at least 3 weeks" but I could happily pay the 1100 and put the issue to bed... HAH! I think not.

Off to the BBB I go! (didn't even need it though!)

An hour after i file the BBB complaint I find the comcast executive office phone number so I give them a call and explain the situation. After going back and forth a bit they agreed to credit the equipment fees but not the extra service changes because they didn't cancel the account properly.

I decided yeah screw it I'll pay it providing they'd remove the collection. Well I was told "they'd update the collection to the correct amount"

HAH! No, no no... .So argued a bit more about the logic of them agreeing they screwed up on the hardware return and why would I leave an account open and billable without hardware to use it?! and if I wasn't going to get the benifit of having the collection removed completely I'd happily keep fighting them on it. (very politely i might add which is not my normal style)

So the next day (today) I get a call saying, "Good morning! I have great news for you, I've managed to get the collection completely removed and the debt is completely wiped out because there was just too many unexplained loose ends on my account." So comcast did the right thing and are completely removing the collection and credited my account $50 for the hassles.

Kudos to them, I thought I'd be paying the collection and moving to fios but looks like I'm sticking around Smiley Wink

---- AFNI

One of the verizon collections, was settled for about 25% of the bill. Once the check cleared and I knew it was paid a week later I called and asked for it to be removed and they did Smiley Wink... that was easy! hahah

I still got a few things to clean up, but there are no lates 3 years now, no judgements, collections and only 1-2 accounts that are charge-off and still need to update .  I figured once the tax lein is completely removed along with the comcast other pending updates things should jump pretty nicely.

fun fun.

-d

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase rocks. Comcast and AFNI ain't bad either ;)

Please PM verizon contact info.

BK: 7 filed 3/31/12 - Discharged 6/27/12
Made some poor choices and life snowballed
BK: 13 filed 7/29/16 - on a 36th month time out
No CC - No Loans - Student Loans all current.
Message 2 of 12
AussieDan

I dealt with AFNI on the verizon collection, just their regular phone number on the credit report.

Message 3 of 12
xRayTony
Valued Member

Mind sending me your Chase contact info???   =)

Congrats, and Thanks!

Message 4 of 12
KitriPrincess
Established Member

Re: Chase, Comcast and AFNI GW Success.

Just curious if you know, how long did it take AFNI to update your credit file after they agreed to delete? I have something from them which indicates it can take 60 days for a deletion to take effect, but I'm wondering if it really takes that long.  Thanks!

Message 5 of 12
Madman94044
Regular Contributor

Just curious, what % did you settle with chase? Can you PM the email address you used for GW? Thanks.
Staring Score:EQ 649 TU 647 EX 644
Current Score: EQ 786 TU 699 EX 746
Goal Score: 800
Wallet: SF Fire CU $5000 CL Chase Freedom 4000 CL, Chase MP $5000, WellsFargo $6000 CL, Amex Gold NPSL, Cap1 CashRewards $2500 CL, Amex BCP $12000 Discover More $1200 CSP 18000
Message 6 of 12
KitriPrincess
Established Member

I actually paid the whole thing a couple months ago without a PFD agreement, but the collection was still showing as unpaid on my credit reports.  I sent an email to what I believe is their primary public email address (RecoveryTeam@afni.com) asking to please update the account as paid with the CRAs  I didn't mention anything about a deletion.  The next day they responded saying they would delete the listing from all 3 credit reporting bureaus, and that it may take 60 days for the credit bureaus to update. I've heard of similar things happening with AFNI .. I guess they have some kindly angels handling the email-box.  And some who are not so kind.

Message 7 of 12
AussieDan

I settled with chase for around 35-40%.

Afni was removed within a day or 2 of me calling them and requesting it. It was not a paid in full account and they still removed it which was nice of them.

Message 8 of 12
Madman94044
Regular Contributor

I had similar luck with Comcast, after paying what I owed in full, Enhanced Recovery the CA comcast was using removed Collection Account from my CR.

Staring Score:EQ 649 TU 647 EX 644
Current Score: EQ 786 TU 699 EX 746
Goal Score: 800
Wallet: SF Fire CU $5000 CL Chase Freedom 4000 CL, Chase MP $5000, WellsFargo $6000 CL, Amex Gold NPSL, Cap1 CashRewards $2500 CL, Amex BCP $12000 Discover More $1200 CSP 18000
Message 9 of 12
Goal850
Regular Contributor

Can you pm me the contact for Chase please?
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.