Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Deletion!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Deletion!

I am well on my way on the road to recovery, thanks to this forum! On 10/10/14, I disputed a late payment from Chase that has been on my CR for quite some time, dating back to 2008, because I felt that the information was old and outdated, and what do you know, I got a message from Experian today 10/15/14: status-deletion. Now my qestion is, do the other two bureaus automatically remove the information, or do I have to contact for deletion?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Deletion!

If you disputed with the CRA, then only that CRA would take action.  What they do, does not affect the reporting of the other CRA's.  Did the CRA remove the account completely or only the late payment?

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 2 of 5
BGoneDebt
Contributor

Unfortunately, each bureau needs its own notification.  

And while YMMV, if the same item is on all three (TU, EQ, EX), they may not all be quite so speedy in removig it.  You'll have to monitor each.

Starting Score: TU 584 EQ 560 EX 686
Current Score: TU 716 EQ 677 EX 714
Goal Score: 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only the late payment.

@tomfromrictmame wrote:

If you disputed with the CRA, then only that CRA would take action.  What they do, does not affect the reporting of the other CRA's.  Did the CRA remove the account completely or only the late payment?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BGoneDebt wrote:

Unfortunately, each bureau needs its own notification.  

And while YMMV, if the same item is on all three (TU, EQ, EX), they may not all be quite so speedy in removig it.  You'll have to monitor each.

Ok, thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.