Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom authorized user question

tag
pt2005
Regular Contributor

Chase Freedom authorized user question

Hi all,

I'm planning to add my husband as an Authorized user to my Chase Freedom ($5500 CLI) to help improve his scores. And I did attempt to do it online. But the Chase online asked his First & Last Name without SSN. I copied and pasted the text from Chase Online without proceeding. My question is item #3.

Should I or should I not add him? 

Thanks

Share the convenience of your account by authorizing other user(s) to access your account. Each authorized user will receive his or her personal card and will enjoy full access to your account. 

There are several things you should know about adding an Authorized User:
1. As the Primary Cardmember, you will be liable for all account balances.
2. Your Authorized User will not have financial responsibility for the account.
3. For the Authorized User, this account will be reported to the credit reporting agencies as an Authorized User's account. This could potentially impact the Authorized User's credit score.
4. All correspondence including statements and notifications will be sent to the address listed on the account.

FICO Scores 8: EX 731, EQ 731, TU 725

Credit Cards: Chase Freedom 9.5K | AMEX TrueEarnings 4.5K | Cap1 Venture Visa 3.5K | Cap1 QS MC 3.5K | Discover IT 1K | Cap1 Spark Cash 15K | AMEX SimplyCash 9K

Store: PayPal SmartConnect 10K | JCP 5.2K | Banana 3.3K | Walmart 4.5K | Kohls 1.5K | TargetRED 200
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Watts
Valued Member

Re: Chase Freedom authorized user question

I vote Yes
Message 2 of 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Freedom authorized user question

Yes, he will only get the credit for that particular account. 

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.