cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase GW DENIED

tag
Karibear819

Chase GW DENIED

I sent chase a good will letter to see if they'd remove anything relating to a paid charge off. They wrote me a letter back indicating they checked out my account and they verified everything to be correct so they can't remove accurate information. They gave me midlands address and told me to try them. I already have. Now what? I sent the chase letter to an executive office. Do I keep sending or give up? I've never done this before. Thanks.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Re: Chase GW DENIED

Did you pay Midland?

Message 2 of 9
Rain77
Frequent Contributor

I'm not sure if Chase is all out of GW's - I'm waiting on a response back to a deletion of a paid CO myself. 

If you have not contacted the Executive Office, try that.  But you need to be specific in what you want.  When I got a deletion last year, I was first told no, and recieved the same type of response.  I don't remember what my first letter said, but it was not specific to what I wanted.  Then I re-worded explicitly asking for TL deletion (delete entire account history), and they said yes.  It was off my report within 72 hrs. 

ETA: Chase exec told me they will not delete settled accounts - since I had one of those too Smiley Indifferent

Last HP 8/29/14

Message 3 of 9
Karibear819

I paid midland. They sued me, nearly lost my job bc of it. I paid more than half then just paid taxes on the remaining balance bc they reported to the IRS as income for me. It still blows my mind how they can verify debt that isn't even yours. The only thing right about that TL is it was paid. I tried the executive office with chase. Not sure what else is left to try.
Message 4 of 9
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

I would just keep sending out GW's.  There are people aro...

I would just keep sending out GW's.  There are people around here that didn't have success until their 20th round. Persistence is key.

Message 5 of 9
Karibear819

Keep sending them to the same address? Or is there something else I should try?
Message 6 of 9
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

I would google for any contact info you can find.  The GW (another company) I had success with, i was sending out to 10 different addresses and faxing to like 6 different numbers.  Eventually one of my faxes reached the right hands.

Message 7 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I can't even remember how many times Chase told me NO.  Didn't stop me.  I just kept sending them.  I didn't get fancy with it either, I just sent to the address on my CR.  They kept saying No, but then one day, 2 Chase CO's just disappeared.

They can say No 100 times, but it only takes one yes!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 8 of 9
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

Glad to hear you sent it to the address on the credit report! I'll send mine off tomorrow!

Do they know f you paid the collection agency it sold the debt to?
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.