cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase GW Request... Denied! Help please?

tag
bitingthebullet
Established Member

Chase GW Request... Denied! Help please?

Hello all,

I had sent an e-mail to Chase over the weekend with my gw request... on Monday I heard back from someone in the CEO's office, who said they would be looking into the matter for me and see what they could do. They said they would contact me in 24-48 hours. Today I received a call from the office, we played phone tag for a bit and kept missing each other but when I finally was able to speak with the CEO's assistant, they informed me that unfortunately they would not be able to do anything for me because the late charges are valid. I was very disappointed by this because I've read a lot of success stories from board members. I can't help but think... did I do anything wrong? I acknowledged that the charges were valid but requested that they be removed so that I may begin to restore my credit in hopes to one day re-establish a relationship with the company, and followed the templates I've found on the board closely while still maintaining my own voice. I am hopeful that I will be able to remove this eventually but my concern is that since I've already contacted the CEO's office and been denied that this is a doomed case for me... If anyone can give me any advice it would be greatly appreciated because now I'm just at a total loss and feel completely discouraged... 7 years is a really long time...

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Goal850
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase GW Request... Denied! Help please?

I am in the same exact situation. Actually I just got off the phone with her. She was really nice, but unfortunately she was not going to remove the tradeline or the lates. I feel defeated. Which sucks because Im just starting out in trying to repair my credit. 

Message 2 of 10
bitingthebullet
Established Member

Sounds like we spoke to the same person. Yes, very friendly and helpful but she did not budge. I completely understand that the late charges are valid but I thought that the point of gw was that they would be able to review the case and remove it despite the validity of the charges... So disappointed.

Message 3 of 10
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Not everybody does gw's or pfd's. You must remember, that as much as you want to bury the past, there are consequences for your negative actions. I too have some lates on one account which are accurate. The firm does not have to gw or adjust them. I know I screwed up. My lates will fall of in two to four years. In the mean time, my cc interest rates are not he best. Do I care? No because I do NOT charge anything unless I have the cash in the bank to pay in full every statement. To get rid of all of your lates, may be a seven year program. In my case it is. My consequences for not planning farther ahead by not having more cash in savings. Sorry to sound harsh, however, your lenders did not make the mistake(s). The end user is totally responsible. Your anger is mis-directed. Good luck for future sucess.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 4 of 10
Tallfish0919

Chase was very helpful with me and a gw email i sent them.

Started - 02/15/2014
Experian- 594
TransUnion- 568
Equifax- 594

Current -
Experian- 606
TransUnion- 606
Equifax- 580

Message 5 of 10
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

As someone who's had GW success by e-mailing the CEO's office after doing a lot of research on here and elsewhere, here's what I can tell you:

--Chase only seems to be willing to delete credit card TLs; they don't seem to be willing to delete any other TLs (e.g. mortgages)

--They will only delete if the account is closed and has been closed for some time (mine had been closed for more than two years)

If you meet both those criteria and your request is still getting denied, I don't know what else to tell you.  If you never settled with them, and you still owe a large sum, that might be a factor.

Message 6 of 10
Tallfish0919

As to what lion law said, that is true on credit card TL's, they wouldn't do an old autoloan
Started - 02/15/2014
Experian- 594
TransUnion- 568
Equifax- 594

Current -
Experian- 606
TransUnion- 606
Equifax- 580

Message 7 of 10
bitingthebullet
Established Member

@bettercreditguy1: Perhaps you misunderstood what I meant. I am not angry at all but I am disappointed because reading all the GW success stories on the forum got my hopes up. Like you said, I do understand that it's my fault and I know that there are consequences to pay but I still had hope that this would be a possibility for me. 

@Tallfishi0919: Could you please PM me the contact information for Chase? I would really appreciate it. 

@LionLaw: The Chase account that I had was a credit card that was closed by Chase more than a year ago. I did not settle with them. The account was paid in full. If you happen to have a contact for them I would greatly appreciate it. 

I truly appreciate everyone's input. Again, if I come across as angry that was definitely not my intention. I was simply very disheartened when I got off the phone with the assistant to the CEO because I felt confident that it would work out. However, from what I've gathered from the forum persistence is key so I will keep trying. 

Message 8 of 10
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

One last thing you should be mindful of: Chase won't amend their reports to the CRAs (i.e. "deleting" the late payments); the only thing they'll do is remove the entire trade line from your reports.  Is that an option you discussed with the rep from the executive office?  If not, you should call back and ask for that specifically.

Message 9 of 10
bitingthebullet
Established Member

@LionLaw wrote:

One last thing you should be mindful of: Chase won't amend their reports to the CRAs (i.e. "deleting" the late payments); the only thing they'll do is remove the entire trade line from your reports.  Is that an option you discussed with the rep from the executive office?  If not, you should call back and ask for that specifically.

Ohhh.... so they wouldn't have deleted the negative, but they would remove the account and it would be as though it never existed? I don't know if that would do more harm than anything else since I only have two (closed) accounts on my trade line. This is so confusing... I wish they would have taught this in school. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.