Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase GW letter impact?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase GW letter impact?

First time posting here, but have been following these forums for a while now. You guys have been very helpful and great motivators too... Thanks a bunch for that....

Had a single 30 day late payment on my Chase Card in July 2007 which was $60 or so, and they closed this account as soon as i paid it off.

I had a DC ratio of close to 60%, with 20K in credit cards as on Jan 2011 including 2 other cards from Chase which have never seen a late payment since 2001.  Have reduced it to 4000 which i will pay off this month. This bumped my score from 674 on Jan 2011 to 763 as of this month.

Thinking this would be the time, i sent Chase a GW letter asking them to remove the single late payment on this closed account. Instead of removing it or sending me a response to this letter, EQ credit report now shows that the last updated date on this closed account is 05/2011. Does this mean, this late payment is gonna stick around longer - given it was recently updated? 

EQ Jan 2011- 674,

Mar 2011- 701

Apr 2011- 724,

May 2011 - 763

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase GW letter impact?

@Anonymous wrote:

First time posting here, but have been following these forums for a while now. You guys have been very helpful and great motivators too... Thanks a bunch for that....

Had a single 30 day late payment on my Chase Card in July 2007 which was $60 or so, and they closed this account as soon as i paid it off.

I had a DC ratio of close to 60%, with 20K in credit cards as on Jan 2011 including 2 other cards from Chase which have never seen a late payment since 2001.  Have reduced it to 4000 which i will pay off this month. This bumped my score from 674 on Jan 2011 to 763 as of this month.

Thinking this would be the time, i sent Chase a GW letter asking them to remove the single late payment on this closed account. Instead of removing it or sending me a response to this letter, EQ credit report now shows that the last updated date on this closed account is 05/2011. Does this mean, this late payment is gonna stick around longer - given it was recently updated? 

EQ Jan 2011- 674,

Mar 2011- 701

Apr 2011- 724,

May 2011 - 763

Hi there and welcome.

Late payments report for 7 years from each individual date of delinquency. This is regulated by the CRTP (Credit Reporting Time Period) and cannot be changed by anyone for any reason. The updating of this account will not affect the drop off date. It should be gone by 7/2014.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.