Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase GW letter? tips or suggestions?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase GW letter? tips or suggestions?

Hey everyone. I just love this forum -- so happy with the help I've gotten here.

I've got several irons in the credit repair fire and one of them is a series of late payments on two closed Chase CC accounts. I was in a repayment plan, had set up automatic payments and had no idea that I was 60-90 days late all along. The agents I worked with to set up the automatic payments never told me I was late. The result is two accounts with 60-90 days late going back nearly 2 years! Bad!

I sent a GW letter to the executive office and they replied that they investigated and discovered that they were reporting accurately, except that there was one month they forgot to report, so they fixed that. Thanks a lot, guys. 

Now the accounts are completely paid and I'm sending another letter. Does anyone have suggestions on what approach I should take? My first letter was VERY nice and full of gratitude to Chase for helping me learn good credit habits . . . yadda yadda yadda. That didn't get me anywhere. Should I push the fact that they didn't notify me? Throw myself at their feet and beg?

Does Chase have a reputation for being hard-nosed about this stuff?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase GW letter? tips or suggestions?

all OCs are hardnosed unless its near the end of CRTP. All you can do is continue to send a GW letter to the office of the CEO until you either get the gw or it ages off. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.