Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase GW request - Denied

tag
wa3more
Established Contributor

Chase GW request - Denied

First , some background :

Chase customer for 25 + years . Never late on mortgage, or any bill even when I lost my job, then a business, during the depression of 2009/2010. Even stayed current on all bills after Sandy and 4 feet of water in my house and it took 3 months to get insurance money.

I also have a home equity account with Chase. In 2009 , I tried to get a month or two deferred and they kept telling me every month i was approved...only i wasn't .So for 5 consecutive months , i was reported 30 days late.

A few days ago . I sent Chase executive office a GW letter regarding these 5 30 day lates. I just got a call and response was " By FCRA law, we must report accurately and can't change correct information "

I can't get away from Chase fast enought. I tried to modify my mortgage in 2009. They kept losing my paperwork. What a joke.

Sorry , just venting.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Chase GW request - Denied

I had the same sort of issues with Bank of America.  During my negotiations for a short sale, they "lost" the paperwork on multiple occasions.  Uh-huh. Rigggght.

Starting Score 9/2011: 600ish all 3 bureaus
Current Score 5/2013: 675 EQ, 699 TU, EX ?
Goal Score: 730 min for all 3 by mid 2014...save $40K more for a new house, $10K more for emergencies, pay off all credit cards. Simple, right? Smiley Happy

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@wa3more wrote:

First , some background :

Chase customer for 25 + years . Never late on mortgage, or any bill even when I lost my job, then a business, during the depression of 2009/2010. Even stayed current on all bills after Sandy and 4 feet of water in my house and it took 3 months to get insurance money.

I also have a home equity account with Chase. In 2009 , I tried to get a month or two deferred and they kept telling me every month i was approved...only i wasn't .So for 5 consecutive months , i was reported 30 days late.

A few days ago . I sent Chase executive office a GW letter regarding these 5 30 day lates. I just got a call and response was " By FCRA law, we must report accurately and can't change correct information "

I can't get away from Chase fast enought. I tried to modify my mortgage in 2009. They kept losing my paperwork. What a joke.

Sorry , just venting.

FCRA does state accurate information has to be reported, what it does not say is that the creditor report at all. No where under the FCRA shows or is mandated that they report. That is there choosing to do so.

Message 3 of 6
CocoD

I feel your pain Smiley Sad Capital One denied my goodwill requests for removal of  a 30 day late in 2010.  I received a letter in response to my letter stating they had to report accurate information and received a phone call in response to my e-mail sent to  the CEO with the same response.

Message 4 of 6
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Don't give up!!! Keep your head high!!! Keep sending them. It takes 1 yes, 

Message 5 of 6
wa3more
Established Contributor

When I got the call, the woman was asking me questions for about 5 minutes. Well, if you had no intention of helping me in the first place , why waste our time ?? I even told her that FCRA has no requirement that they even report, but if they do report, it must be accurate. I also mentioned I knew people that had data deleted and updated. It was like i was talking to my self.

What the woman from Chase did not get was that my lateness was caused by the constant , inaccurate guidance that chase gave me regarding my payment deferral request.

That's ok, being older my need for credit has diminished unless i need to borrow money to by a walker when i retire.

I tell my grow kids if they bank with chase, i'll disown them. lol

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.