Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase GW success!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase GW success!!!

First of all I want to say a special thank you to 'mstee' for sharing her Chase experience, and to everyone else that makes this forum go 'round!

I started about a year and a half ago checking into my credit situation and paid off a number of things that were showing on my CR's. I had no idea about Good Wills, Pay for deletion, Debt verification or any of the good information this site provides, so I ended up just paying off all the collections that were on my credit without getting the benefit of having any of them removed (and several of the CA accounts still show the full balance owed, like I haven't paid them...would love to get the removed!!!)

The WORST baddie was a maxed out WAMU/Chase credit card that was charged off in early 2009. It was sold to a CA, who I then settled with for 50% of the balance in January 2010 (I spent my Income tax check to do it!) It soon was not showing on my CR from the CA, but Chase was faithful in keeping it alive!

After reading about GW letters and reading mstee's post about her success with Chase I decided to give it a try, and boy am I glad I did! I sent an email on Friday to the CEO of Chase and on Monday a very kind lady called me back and told me that she was sorry, but there was nothing she could do for me and that they were obligated to report to the angencies the way the account stood. My heart was already sinking, because I have read from several of you that your GW letters were denied and that this was a standard "No". However, just as I was ready to hang up the phone and began pouting I heard her say something about the "balance on the account" My ears perked up and I began to go into an in depth explanation about how I had "Paid" the card off through the Collection agency and that there was no balance. She told me "she would look into and get back with me.

Yesterday, She called me back and said that after researching the account she found that I had in fact paid it off (no mention of the 50% settlement) and that Chase would be happy to ask the CRA's to remove this account. She also told me she would mail me this is writing as well...Wooo-Hooo!!!

I guess the moral of this story for some is GW letters may be rejected by someone that doesn't have all the facts of your situation...Try, try again!!! Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase GW success!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!  I too would like to send a GW letter to Chase.  Would you mind sharing the e-mail address you used?  It would be greatly appreciated!

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again for your help!  I sent my GW letter today.  *fingers crossed

Message 3 of 12
MissMia75
Frequent Contributor

If you dont mind, could I have your contact as well?

Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 06/2011 505 EX 523 Lender Pulled
Current Score: 08/2011 628 EX 575 Lender Pulled
11/14/2011 TU 584

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
***Closed on my home 05/18/2012***

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would be very interested in the contact information you used as well.

Thank you!

Message 5 of 12
ginger81
Established Member

it didn't work for me (just got the denial letter yesterday) but google is your friend... google the CEO of chase and plug that name into the chase email address format (which can also be found on google)... and give it a try.  it worked for some, just not me.. .they  must've been having a bad day ;-)

Message 6 of 12
quicksilver185
Valued Member

That's great to hear to Chase is willing to help everyone and remove the TL's and lates. I am working on some GW with Chase as well. Would someone please PM me the contact info the used in successful GW with Chase. Thanks

Starting Score: 409 2/1/2011
Current Score: Equifax 559 12/1/2011 TransUnion 569 12/1/2011
Goal Score: 700

Message 7 of 12
Jennifer331
Valued Member

I have a Chase Card that has been closed for over a year now.  I am on a payment plan with them for the balance owed.  When I agreed to the payment plan, Chase agreed to reage my credit file with them.  I am currently showing paying current, but I want to know if I should request that the account be removed once its paid in full since I was late 120 days before the account was closed.  The account is one my oldest accounts from 2005.  My credit file is only about 8 years old.

Starting Score: 1.12.2011 EQ 467
Current Score: 5.14.2012 EQ 605 EX 561 TU 622 (Walmart)
Goal Score: 750

Message 8 of 12
gogo1960
Established Member

Hello

could you please forward the email address for Chase, I really need to get at CO deleted.....

thanks and Congrat!!!!

Message 9 of 12
Jennifer331
Valued Member

So guys I resent another goodwill letter to Chase this week and I just received a call from the Executive office.

The lady informed me that they could not remove the late marks from my credit file, but they would be willing to delete the entire account once the balance is reported as $0.  Anyone have any idea how the deletion would help my score or credit file.

Starting Score: 1.12.2011 EQ 467
Current Score: 5.14.2012 EQ 605 EX 561 TU 622 (Walmart)
Goal Score: 750

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.