Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase GW win.

tag
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Chase GW win.

Dh and I had a WAMU card pre our BK in 2004.  After filing, the card survived.  We used it here there.  In 2008 when Chase took over WAMU, they "voluntarily" decided to include the WAMU card in our now 4 year old BK.  Fought that battle for a while, only thing I accomplished was removing it from my reports as I was only an AU.  On DH's TU report it was listed as unrated, and the other two statd IIB in 2008 with an estimated f/o date of 9/15.  I called and wrote goodwill letters left and right for almost a full year to either get them to reopen the card or just delete the tradeline.  No luck other than removal of the AU and the unrated on TU.  Fast forward to July 2011.  I wrote Chase yet another GW letter stating the same old song and dance.  Well, pulled DH's reports today and the IIB Chase account has been removed completely.  Very nice. 

Now, we bank with Chase, have for about 7 years.  I did mention that tidbit.  Not sure what I said this time that was any differen that before, or if someone finally realized they shouldn't have reported it the way it was, who knows.  Point is, keep writing your GW letters, one day you may find a nice little surprise waiting for you.  Smiley Happy

Oh, and for anyone who asks, I used the address listed on the credit report.  I didn't go hunt down an exec email or address. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ltorres25
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase GW win.

I am just starting the process of repairing my credit but boy those GW letters take tons of persistence!. Congratulations on finally having one of your letters come across the desk of someone with a heart Smiley Happy

| TU FICO: 747 | EQ FICO: 746 | EX FICO: 741 | Last HP: 5/20/15 |
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.