Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Goodwill Adjustment Advice?

tag
nistule

Chase Goodwill Adjustment Advice?

Background

In 2009 or so I had some issues (Lost job, etc) which in turn led to two issues in 2010 on two serpate Chase accounts.  After contacting chase we settled the debt.  One account was PIF the other was paid partially but closed out as a "Payed as agreed" per a verbal agreement (I should have negotatied a PFD but I was unable to at the time as I was not PIF and I did not know what I was doing at the time).  Both accounts were paid directly to CHASE.  

Current Situation

Fast forward 4 years and I have one late payment/deragatory line for one account and a sent to collections line for another.  These are the only deragotry marks on my credit at this time and I have had perfect payment history since (including another Chase account).  All in all the information posted seems to be correct and as such I would like to atempt to get a goodwill adjustment and have both marks removed (Both are now over 4 years old).  I have tried to CHASE by phone and mail but had no luck.

I had a few questions.: First, when making contact should I do so seperatley for both accounts or try and do them together?  Second, I have noted through searching over the forums that people have had some luck in contacting executive offices of CHASE directly through email/phone/snail mail.  Would someone be willing to share that contact information with me through PM?  

Any advice anyone is willing to give would be much apprecaited.  Thank you all for your time. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Goodwill Adjustment Advice?

@nistule wrote:

Background

In 2009 or so I had some issues (Lost job, etc) which in turn led to two issues in 2010 on two serpate Chase accounts.  After contacting chase we settled the debt.  One account was PIF the other was paid partially but closed out as a "Payed as agreed" per a verbal agreement (I should have negotatied a PFD but I was unable to at the time as I was not PIF and I did not know what I was doing at the time).  Both accounts were paid directly to CHASE.  

Current Situation

Fast forward 4 years and I have one late payment/deragatory line for one account and a sent to collections line for another.  These are the only deragotry marks on my credit at this time and I have had perfect payment history since (including another Chase account).  All in all the information posted seems to be correct and as such I would like to atempt to get a goodwill adjustment and have both marks removed (Both are now over 4 years old).  I have tried to CHASE by phone and mail but had no luck.

I had a few questions.: First, when making contact should I do so seperatley for both accounts or try and do them together?  Second, I have noted through searching over the forums that people have had some luck in contacting executive offices of CHASE directly through email/phone/snail mail.  Would someone be willing to share that contact information with me through PM?  

Any advice anyone is willing to give would be much apprecaited.  Thank you all for your time. 

I like to do GW letters on 1 account at a time and by US Mail with a pro written letter. You may have to keep after them for a long time to get what you want, I would send the letter at a rate of 1 per month until you get the desired result  Good luck in your journey & welcome to the board  Smiley Happy

http://quotes.wsj.com/JPM/company-people

Message 2 of 10
velocity5

+1 on 

Starting Score: 666
Current Score: 666
Goal Score: 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 10
nistule

Thank you both very much for the advice.  I'll take it to heart and review more of the documentation on here.  Overall things have improved from where they were in 2005 due to some poor choices in my youth.  I am trying to clean up some of the last bits and this advice is going to be helpful in doing that. Thank you both very much.

Message 4 of 10
wa3more
Established Contributor

I just got off the phone with Chase regarding a 2009 charge off. This was an account where they got a judgment , but because they were being investigated by the OCC, they decided to take my settlement offer of 25%.

I called and wanted them to either delete or no longer report. This account would drop off in 10/14 due to 5 year NY state purge law anyway.

Some background :

- i have had a relationship with Chase since 1988

-I've had a chase mortgage since 1998 and have had a perfect payment record ever since.

-I had a perfect payment record on numerous chase accounts until 2009 and since 2009 have been on time.

So what did they tell me ? No way. You can forget it, we don't do any type of adjustments. I told her they have been done with others but not with me.

I hope you have better luck. Chase goodwill. Sounds like an oxymoron.

Looks like our family will be at a nearby credit union.

Message 5 of 10
EW800
Valued Contributor

I've tried some GW letters with Chase as well, including going through the EO's.  So far it has been like talking to a brick wall.  They are tough, in my opinion.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 6 of 10
wa3more
Established Contributor

Yes i went through Chase executive office. No good.

Message 7 of 10
Rain77
Frequent Contributor

IME with Chase the only accounts ( I had 4) they had no problem deleting were 2 acccounts with strings of lates that were never CO'd but PIF.  I got several take a hikes on a PIF CO & a settled account.  You can certainly keep trying every now & then, you may get a yes, but it seems anything they "wrote off" they aren't too keen on granting GW's.

Last HP 8/29/14

Message 8 of 10
wa3more
Established Contributor

I was trying to get a payment deferred on my home equity loan in 2009. Every month, i had an different idiot tell me "you're good " Then i find out they reported 30 days late 6 months in a row until i got the "official deferrment ".

I then called and told them what happened. They said too bad but we can't change accurate information.Perfect history before that and ever since.

Chase. They dont't care. I think they used to do good wills but were bombared in 2010 and 2011 and I think they stopped for the most part. A CO that was PIF might get a GW. Maybe a single 30 day late.

Message 9 of 10
Rain77
Frequent Contributor

My most recent GW deletion was March 2014 and I had to actually ask them to resend the deletion to EQ last week since the are the only ones that have not deleted - TU & EX removed before I got the official letter from Chase.  My first GW deletion was in 2012.  These accounts were not CO'd but PIF with at least 30+ 120 day lates.

IMO I just think there are certain things they will & will not delete.  

Last HP 8/29/14

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.