Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Goodwill Letter: The Waiting Game *UPDATE

tag
BKFireFly
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Goodwill Letter: The Waiting Game *UPDATE

Has anyone had any success with Chase Goodwill?

Thanks for the info

***Nothing Beats a try but a Fail*** I refuse to fail, success is the only option.
Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, so far I have not had any luck with Chase. Its still a waiting game for me. Chase is hard to get a goodwill deletion from. I wish I had more advice for you... 

Message 12 of 24
Mister_Wonderful
Established Member

Chase is difficult...So far I sent to letter (both to the mailing address listed on my credit report) to no avail. I just sent an email to the CEO (hopefully I will get a response). The next move would be snail mail once a month.

EFX Starting Score:
589 EXP Starting Score: 622 TU Starting Score: 647
EFX Current Score:
705 on 4/16/15 EXP Current Score: 696 on 4/17/15 TU Current Score: 710 on 3/29/15
Across the board:

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 24
reckedhim
Frequent Contributor

I'm trying to do the same thing right now.  I emailed them yesterday.  I don't know my account number since I paid off the account about three years ago.  Can they find me by my SSN?

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah they can find you by your social. When I emailed them I got a phone call the next day stating they could not remove accurate information. I was told that like twice. So I basically gave up...
Message 15 of 24
reckedhim
Frequent Contributor

I've read about others having success so it's gonna take awhile for me to give up.

Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck. And keep us updated.
Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, please do keep us updated... I sent my first GW to Chase on 3-19-13 & on 3-28-13 I received a letter back from them, stating basically the same thing... that they are reporting accurate information and they can not remove the tradeline.  (In 2011 I closed the acct, and made a settlement, which I did pay off).  I am going to send another GW ... I sent my first GW to Chase at :

P.O. Box 15548

Wilmington, DE 19886-5548

... is there another address or email that I can send a second GW letter to? OR is it ok to keep sending it to the same address(s) if previous GW haven't worked???

ALSO... as I am looking through all my paperwork from making that settlement with them in 2011, I found, and now remember, I had made a complaint with BBB about how they tried to do me when I made the settlement with them... I made the settlement in 2 payments, and on time, although they tried to tell me the second payment didn't POST to my acct in time for the settlement to still be in time frame....WHAT?!   After writing into BBB about the sitiuation, someone from the Executive Office emailed, called, and sent me a letter... I still have the letter, should I try to send a GW to that address??  Should I attn and/or write the letter to her (if not, who then?) ?  ((& btw, after writing to the BBB about the settlement issue we had, they accepted my settlement))

Message 18 of 24
Rain77
Frequent Contributor

Not to discourage anyone, I will definitely try again in a few months, but for now I'll leave Chase alone, after 3 denials.  Just got off the phone with Exec Office.  They denied my request - so of course I asked why? They stated currently they are not deleting any accounts, and what was done last year (when they did delete another account) may not be the same policy this year.  My account is a PIF CO, and the one deleted last year was also PIF CO.

The good thing is when the CO updated to $0, and was 120+ past due, my TU & EQ did not drop.  They went up 24 pts and 10 pts, respectively.  No other changes happened on my reports. 

Good luck, and hopefully some success stories will start coming in!

Last HP 8/29/14

Message 19 of 24
reckedhim
Frequent Contributor

I sent another email yesterday but included the last four digits of my SSN and contact info. I'd like to at least get a response from them.
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.