Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Goodwill help-got denied first attempt

tag
jmoney3457
New Contributor

Chase Goodwill help-got denied first attempt

For February 2011 and July 2012, Chase reported me as late to the credit bureaus on my credit card. I was not intentionally late or anything of the sort. What happened was that on both occasions, I tried to sign up for auto-payment (so I didn't need to worry about payments). After the Feb. 2011 incident I didn't dare to sign up for the rest of the time between then and June 2012 for fear of that happening again. Finally, in June 2012-I tried to sign up (again) for auto-pament and again it failed (for whatever reason-technical on Chase's side I believe) and the payment didn't go through.

Since I was not intentionally late and it seems to be a technical or some type of error on Chase's end-I would like both of these late reportings to be removed from my credit report. Especially since I am going to try and refinance, this obviously hurts that and other credit-type of activities.  I wrote a letter explaining all the above to them through PlantetFeedBack and a lady from Exec Relations called me and said after their "internet team" researched all my clicks/keystrokes-they couldn't see where I had tried to sign up/complete auto-payment. First of all, I wasn't even aware of Chase's ability to do this (and I work in IT), and second I definitely remember signing up for auto-payment and being diligent about hitting "submit"-especially working in IT,  I am VERY particular in making sure that happens.  Plus,  I had another card with Chase (now closed) which I was never late on and my mortgage-never late on.  Why could I randomly be late, twice, on this simple card, yet never on these two-especially my mortgage.  Does anyone have any good advice on next steps or maybe a good email/contact for Chase? I know that has to be sent through PM, which is fine.  I'm not exactly sure how high up this letter went (supposedly CEO), but I doubt that. 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
novabama
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Goodwill help-got denied first attempt

I'll send you a PM

Message 2 of 17
wa3more
Established Contributor

Hi novabama,

could you also PM me  the chase contact email also ?

thanks

Message 3 of 17
jmoney3457
New Contributor

bump*

Message 4 of 17
jmoney3457
New Contributor

Hi all, so after sending through PFB and e-mailing (supposedly the CEO & SVP of CS), I got a VM from Vanessa D.  (same lady assigned to me from before) and she said unless I could go through the steps again with their "internet team" and see if it errors out, it stays...I know it won't as I tried it and of course, now it works!  Do you have any other contacts and/or advice? She left me a follow up VM saying decision is unchanged..not sure why they're being so damn difficult about it.  I've read about  a lot of successes.  Maybe I should admit possible fault, but point out all my loyal years of service/payments (former card never late on and current mortgage), and plead for just this one time?

Message 5 of 17
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

@jmoney3457 wrote:

Hi all, so after sending through PFB and e-mailing (supposedly the CEO & SVP of CS), I got a VM from Vanessa D.  (same lady assigned to me from before) and she said unless I could go through the steps again with their "internet team" and see if it errors out, it stays...I know it won't as I tried it and of course, now it works!  Do you have any other contacts and/or advice? She left me a follow up VM saying decision is unchanged..not sure why they're being so damn difficult about it.  I've read about  a lot of successes.  Maybe I should admit possible fault, but point out all my loyal years of service/payments (former card never late on and current mortgage), and plead for just this one time?

I agree with your last sentence.  Don't place blame on them.  Admit you made a mistake (even if you didn't) and ask for a GW gesture. 

Message 6 of 17
jmoney3457
New Contributor

fuzzy, thanks for replying!  Only question/issue I have with that is, won't that look a little suspicious? Or no, they'll see that maybe I realized  I may of indeed forgot, admitting fault and asking for a GW (pointing out my loyalty etc..)?

Message 7 of 17
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

@jmoney3457 wrote:

fuzzy, thanks for replying!  Only question/issue I have with that is, won't that look a little suspicious? Or no, they'll see that maybe I realized  I may of indeed forgot, admitting fault and asking for a GW (pointing out my loyalty etc..)?

It's a GW letter.  There's nothing wrong with admitting your human.  Smiley Wink  It worked for me.

Message 8 of 17
jmoney3457
New Contributor

Smiley Happy If you don't mind me asking, which company did you write to? Chase?  Did you write to a person or ?

Message 9 of 17
jmoney3457
New Contributor

bump

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.