Valued Member
jmoney3457

Chase Goodwill help-got denied first attempt

[ Edited ]

For February 2011 and July 2012, Chase reported me as late to the credit bureaus on my credit card. I was not intentionally late or anything of the sort. What happened was that on both occasions, I tried to sign up for auto-payment (so I didn't need to worry about payments). After the Feb. 2011 incident I didn't dare to sign up for the rest of the time between then and June 2012 for fear of that happening again. Finally, in June 2012-I tried to sign up (again) for auto-pament and again it failed (for whatever reason-technical on Chase's side I believe) and the payment didn't go through.

Since I was not intentionally late and it seems to be a technical or some type of error on Chase's end-I would like both of these late reportings to be removed from my credit report. Especially since I am going to try and refinance, this obviously hurts that and other credit-type of activities.  I wrote a letter explaining all the above to them through PlantetFeedBack and a lady from Exec Relations called me and said after their "internet team" researched all my clicks/keystrokes-they couldn't see where I had tried to sign up/complete auto-payment. First of all, I wasn't even aware of Chase's ability to do this (and I work in IT), and second I definitely remember signing up for auto-payment and being diligent about hitting "submit"-especially working in IT,  I am VERY particular in making sure that happens.  Plus,  I had another card with Chase (now closed) which I was never late on and my mortgage-never late on.  Why could I randomly be late, twice, on this simple card, yet never on these two-especially my mortgage.  Does anyone have any good advice on next steps or maybe a good email/contact for Chase? I know that has to be sent through PM, which is fine.  I'm not exactly sure how high up this letter went (supposedly CEO), but I doubt that. 

Frequent Contributor
novabama

Re: Chase Goodwill help-got denied first attempt

I'll send you a PM

Goal Score: 640 Good things come to those who wait.
Good things come to those who work their butt off and never give up.

Removals - Asset Acceptance, Receivable Solutions, LVNV Funding, Enhanced Recovery, Credit Systems Int, Discover Financial, Amchek/Amsher, Financial Adj Services, Chase, Target, AFNI, RJM, Portfolio Rec!
Regular Contributor
wa3more

Hi novabama,

could you also PM me  the chase contact email also ?

thanks

Valued Member
jmoney3457

bump*

Valued Member
jmoney3457

Hi all, so after sending through PFB and e-mailing (supposedly the CEO & SVP of CS), I got a VM from Vanessa D.  (same lady assigned to me from before) and she said unless I could go through the steps again with their "internet team" and see if it errors out, it stays...I know it won't as I tried it and of course, now it works!  Do you have any other contacts and/or advice? She left me a follow up VM saying decision is unchanged..not sure why they're being so damn difficult about it.  I've read about  a lot of successes.  Maybe I should admit possible fault, but point out all my loyal years of service/payments (former card never late on and current mortgage), and plead for just this one time?

Frequent Contributor
fuzzybean

jmoney3457 wrote:

Hi all, so after sending through PFB and e-mailing (supposedly the CEO & SVP of CS), I got a VM from Vanessa D.  (same lady assigned to me from before) and she said unless I could go through the steps again with their "internet team" and see if it errors out, it stays...I know it won't as I tried it and of course, now it works!  Do you have any other contacts and/or advice? She left me a follow up VM saying decision is unchanged..not sure why they're being so damn difficult about it.  I've read about  a lot of successes.  Maybe I should admit possible fault, but point out all my loyal years of service/payments (former card never late on and current mortgage), and plead for just this one time?

I agree with your last sentence.  Don't place blame on them.  Admit you made a mistake (even if you didn't) and ask for a GW gesture. 

Valued Member
jmoney3457

fuzzy, thanks for replying!  Only question/issue I have with that is, won't that look a little suspicious? Or no, they'll see that maybe I realized  I may of indeed forgot, admitting fault and asking for a GW (pointing out my loyalty etc..)?

Frequent Contributor
fuzzybean

jmoney3457 wrote:

fuzzy, thanks for replying!  Only question/issue I have with that is, won't that look a little suspicious? Or no, they'll see that maybe I realized  I may of indeed forgot, admitting fault and asking for a GW (pointing out my loyalty etc..)?

It's a GW letter.  There's nothing wrong with admitting your human.  :smileywink:  It worked for me.

Valued Member
jmoney3457

[ Edited ]

:smileyhappy: If you don't mind me asking, which company did you write to? Chase?  Did you write to a person or ?

Valued Member
jmoney3457

bump

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+