Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase/LVNV nightmare!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase/LVNV nightmare!!

I settled a $2500 debt with chase back in 2009 for $1300. I made 4 payments of $325 for 4 months. I made the first 3 payments through my Credit Settlement Agency and then saw the 4th payment come out. I was relieved to be done. 2 years later I receive a call from LVNV claiming that I owe them over $3000!! Apparently my last payment wasn't applied. My Settlement Company hadn't paid them. Is this illegal? No email, phone calls, no letters. Can someone give me some advise. The settlement company says that they aren't responsible. I had ended my relationship with them about the same time as the final payment to chase. Chase says that since I didn't fulfill my settlement agreement they had the right to sell the debt to LVNV. I'm beside myself. Any thought to dealing with LVNV?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase/LVNV nightmare!!

Welcome to the forums,

What  state do you live in?

And what is the DoFD on the Chase CC?

Note..DoFD is the first missed payment on an account, that was never brought back to current again.

Equifax  CR will show the actual DoFD.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You appear to have a legal issue of whether your agent, the settlement agency, fulfilled their obligation to forward your payment to the creditor.  The creditor says they did not.

I would presume that your contract with the settlement agency made them responsible for their actions.  Why is the settlement company saying they are "not responsible?"

I would consult an attorney.  You appear to have an action against the settlement company.  I would presume that if you show good faith reliance on their supposed payment, you might have some success with the creditor in reaching some agreement both for a reduced settlement and CR deletion of the collection.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in Ohio. They are saying that it was my responsibility to see everything through which i guess they have a point. I still feel slighted and frustrated about the situation.

I guess I'll look to settle but only if they will remove it from my CR.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.