Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Mortgage reporting wrong information on my foreclosure

tag
jrodzmc09
Contributor

Chase Mortgage reporting wrong information on my foreclosure

Ive tried to find more on this topic, but havent had any luck at all. I had this home foreclosed back in late 2007 and its due to be removed around mid 2014. That being said Im not so worried about it, but I been checking my reports and it shows one of the two loans with Chase Mortgage is $0 balance and remarks "foreclosure collateral sold". Then the second shows the biggest loan with the big balance still owed, remarks "foreclosure initiated" Thats my concern because it has me as having high balanced owed. Shouldnt both of this accounts state "foreclosure completed" They were both last reported on the same date "09/30/2007". Is there something fishy here? Seems to me like Chase just gaffed off this accounts and just did not do its part by updating the information. Im currently disputing wrong information with the CRA. Any input from anyone who has dealt with Chase Mortgage would be highly appreciated. Smiley Happy

USAA PLATINUM MC: $9.5k | CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED: $5k | NFCU FLAGSHIP REWARDS: $5k | USAA VFW REWARDS: $4k | BARCLAYS FINANCING VISA: $2.3k | CHASE AMAZON REWARDS: $2k | DISCOVER IT: $1k | AMEX BCP: $1K | PAYPAL SC: $1.3k | MACYS: $1.2k | EXPRESS: $600 | NFCU LOC: $2.5k | NFCU AUTO LOAN: $21k
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jrodzmc09
Contributor

Re: Chase Mortgage reporting wrong information on my foreclosure

Anyone? *crickets crickets* Im sure there has to be someone! Smiley Sad
USAA PLATINUM MC: $9.5k | CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED: $5k | NFCU FLAGSHIP REWARDS: $5k | USAA VFW REWARDS: $4k | BARCLAYS FINANCING VISA: $2.3k | CHASE AMAZON REWARDS: $2k | DISCOVER IT: $1k | AMEX BCP: $1K | PAYPAL SC: $1.3k | MACYS: $1.2k | EXPRESS: $600 | NFCU LOC: $2.5k | NFCU AUTO LOAN: $21k
Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Bumping for others as I'm just an amateur. Definitely read around in here, but IIRC, a 2nd would continue to report a balance post-foreclosure. Wouldn't you still be on the hook for the 2nd?

Message 3 of 5
jrodzmc09
Contributor

http://www.loansafe.org/forum/deed-lieu-foreclosure-do-you-need-help-walk-away/31964-disputing-credi...

Found my own answer. Basically same scenario as mine. So Ill go with that. Thanks for the help MOD llecs! Smiley Very Happy

Now just waiting for the disputes to come back.. Kind of excited too! Not gonna lie! Smiley Very Happy
Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Send a direct dispute to the creditor,requiring them to investigate the accuracy of their reporting and provide the results back to you.

If they verify the accuracy, then your next step would be to bring civil action, compellling them to provide documentation in support of their finding.

A dispute alone wont require proof.

You can choose to dispute through the CRA, but the verification would come back from the CRA as the results of their reinvestigation, not from the creditor.  If you need to take further action, I would want direct evidence of record stating they have investigated and affirm its accuracy.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.