cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase/Pier One& Pier One both reporting?!?

tag
pghfangirl04
Valued Member

Chase/Pier One& Pier One both reporting?!?

I opened a Pier One credit card back in 2005 and closed it in 2007 (before I knew what I was doing).  It only had a $150 CL and I only had one late payment in Jan 2006 30 days late.  It is showing up as a red flag on all of my CRs. What I don't understand is how this one late payment can be on my CR twice.  It is on once as Pier One Imports and once as Chase/Pier 1.  Is it allowed to be on there twice?  What steps should I take to at least get rid of one of them?   I think the late payment will drop off in Jan 2013.  Maybe I should just let them drop off since they are probably not affecting my score so much right? Thanks Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 6/27/2012: TU-543 EQ-501 EX-535(Quizzle)
Current Score: 12/18/12: TU-571 EQ-547 EX-555(PSECU)
Goal Score: 630 by March

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pghfangirl04
Valued Member

Re: Chase/Pier One& Pier One both reporting?!?

Doin the bump Smiley Happy. Anyone out there with a little advice for me?

Starting Score: 6/27/2012: TU-543 EQ-501 EX-535(Quizzle)
Current Score: 12/18/12: TU-571 EQ-547 EX-555(PSECU)
Goal Score: 630 by March

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase/Pier One& Pier One both reporting?!?

These accounts are 7 years old. How old is your average age of accounts? If younger than 7, you might want to leave it as these help. The lates aren't likely doing anything at all and I don't foresee any increase if removed. Why 2 accts? Maybe Pier 1 underwrote their own accounts before working with Chase? That can explain two. Lates do transfer from one account to another in situations like that.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.