cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase/Pride Acquisitions/Baker Sanders help!

tag
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase/Pride Acquisitions/Baker Sanders help!

@Anonymous wrote:
I have no problem doing that whatsoever, I'm just not sure if I should call the CA myself solo, get a debt defense attorney or what...I know I did wrong, I know I handled it wrong, the lesson's been learned and I'm able to make it right and everyone can move on. If I could pay it back to the OC/Chase as 100%, I would, but it seems like that ship has sailed. As a %, how much do people offer for a PFD, generally? Any idea?

I don't think that you need to get an attorney involved unless there is a court action pending.  Have they filed suit ?  

You could certainly negotiate a PFD by yourself, but first ~ what correspondance has the CA sent to you regarding this debt ?  Have you even sent them a DV letter ? 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only thing I've gotten from them is a standard "hey, you're in luck, we can negotiate at a substantial savings!" sort of letter. I did call Chase to see if I could pay them directly, but they said they turned it over to these guys. Is there even any point in doing a DV then, if Chase already verified it? I want to do the right thing, but, if I can saw money and get a PFD, then I am all in. That said, should I call them and get things started?
Message 12 of 14
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I would start with a DV;  sometimes companies can't verify and will pack up and leave your alone for a while.    Probably an outside chance in this case, but you have nothing to lose by sending a DV.

If they can validate the debt then you can start the process of negotiating with a PFD request;   the CAs "substantial savings" may only be a small discount off the nearly doubled amount that you said they now say you owe, but hopefully you can save some $$$.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm bumping this because it's been awhile.

Chase removed the tradeline and so did Baker Sanders, but then suddenly Baker Sanders slapped it back on there and now these folks at BS have started harrassing me again. They also said they won't do a PFD. Not sure what to do now. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.