Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Short Sale Deletion!

tag
stilettos_and_spitup
New Contributor

Chase Short Sale Deletion!

Ok, first of all, THANK YOU MYFICO FORUMS for all of the great advice and how-to's for helping me repair my credit!!!!  Secondly, I just got GREAT NEWS.  I had a short sale earlier this year that closed in April.  We hired an attorney to negotiate with Chase to agree to waive all deficiencies on the short sale which they agreed to (yay!).  Well, the account had TONS of lates and derrogatory comments, but was reporting a zero balance...until October when it magically appeared as having a balance of almost $30,000 that was noted as "transferred to recovery"!  I freaked out and used the advice I found on myFICO forums to GW the executive office and try to get them to fix this mistake.  Long story short, for almost 2 months now, they kept resolving my disputes (both with them directly and with the CRA's) as being reported accurately.  I was furious and talked to my attorney who handled the short sale and she finally emailed a certain someone who is really high up in the short sale division at Chase and finally got some action.  This person admitted fault on Chase's part, saying that when they closed the short sale out, the clerk "keyed it in incorrectly".  I talked to someone today at Chase who said they were so sorry for the mistake and that the entire tradeline is going to be deleted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!!  It's going to take 7-10 business days, so by December 30th this tradeline will fall off of my credit report.  Whew, what a relief.  This is a testament to hard work and persistence.  Now, I usually cringe when people ask how much their score will go up, because it almost seems obvious to be patient while awaiting the results, but of course I am now in this position and I'm dying to know...lol.  Does anyone have any idea how this might affect my score? 

Starting Score : 498 - 04/01/11
My FICO : 573 - 09/04/11
My FICO : 639 - 11/23/11
My FICO : 663 - 01/04/12
My FICO : 748 - 03/15/12
THANK YOU MYFICO FORUMS!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
stilettos_and_spitup
New Contributor

Re: Chase Short Sale Deletion!

The account is currently reporting to TU with a balance of $29,695 and a current status of "Charged off as bad debt". EQ shows a current status of "Bad debt / collection" and (get this) 15-30 days late, 6-60 days late, and 12-90 days late. What will likely happen to my score once this is all deleted?
THANK YOU MYFICO FORUMS!
Message 2 of 11
casmith1980
Established Contributor

My assumption would be a substantial increase but most importantly, you have nothing stopping you from buying another home if you're able Smiley Happy If I could get BofA to remove my husbands, we would be golden lol. Smiley Happy. Congrats and Merry Christmas (early)
Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 3 of 11
stilettos_and_spitup
New Contributor

Thank you...and Merry Christmas to you too! Funny you should mention buying a house, because we just got preapproved and made an offer on a house a couple days ago! Our closing date would be January 18th (if they accept the offer... crossing my fingers!!) so I have time for Chase's mess to fall off before closing. We should be able to have them give us a better deal with our new scores. I'm thrilled! And btw, this house is much cheaper and were are getting a FIXED loan not an ARM, so we will never be in over our heads again! Smiley Happy)))))
THANK YOU MYFICO FORUMS!
Message 4 of 11
fused
Moderator Emeritus

A short sale this recent with a balance coming off of your reports should help you a lot. How much is hard to say, but I would expect a "sizable" increase in your FICO scores.

Message 5 of 11
stilettos_and_spitup
New Contributor

Thanks for the feedback! I was hoping it would be a big increase, although I'm sure the mere fact that it was the only mortgage account helped a little as far as "types of accounts". You know, since having a balance of mortgage, installment, and revolving accounts is good. Probably doesn't contribute as much as the lates do though... I'll let you guys know what happens!
THANK YOU MYFICO FORUMS!
Message 6 of 11
flowman
Established Member

Don't be surprised to see huge bump in your scores. I'm guessing about 80 - 100 point jump. I've recently experienced a 100 + increase in my score from 2 recent Chase CO removal. Not a mortgage but the CO removals gave me a huge boost and possible rebucketting. My scores have been increasing more and more....it's great. Enjoy the expected ride.
Message 7 of 11
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

@stilettos_and_spitup wrote:
Thank you...and Merry Christmas to you too! Funny you should mention buying a house, because we just got preapproved and made an offer on a house a couple days ago! Our closing date would be January 18th (if they accept the offer... crossing my fingers!!) so I have time for Chase's mess to fall off before closing. We should be able to have them give us a better deal with our new scores. I'm thrilled! And btw, this house is much cheaper and were are getting a FIXED loan not an ARM, so we will never be in over our heads again! Smiley Happy)))))

Good luck with the home purchase.  Getting approved for a new mortgage less than a year after a short sale with lots of late payments would be a remarkable accomplishment.  Just remember that even though your short sale might not appear on your credit reports, you still have to disclose it on your loan application.

Message 8 of 11
stilettos_and_spitup
New Contributor

Thanks Flowman! Smiley Happy and congrats on your score increase!!
THANK YOU MYFICO FORUMS!
Message 9 of 11
stilettos_and_spitup
New Contributor

Sorry it took so long (you guys know how it is)... just got my husbands current Equifax report and OUR ENTIRE MORTGAGE ACCOUNT WITH CHASE HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN DELETED!!!!!!!!!!  Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What a relief!  Now his score is at a 708 (less than a year after a short sale).  Just wanted to share this great news and inspire others to believe that it CAN happen with hard work.  Great day for us!!!

THANK YOU MYFICO FORUMS!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.