Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate denied my CLI

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

Chase Slate denied my CLI

I just applied for a CLI and was denied for Chase.  Im going to try to the backdoor number.

I have no baddies and I paid off the card.  Do you think its my credit scores?   (see my signature for current scores)

Also, i wanted to apply for CLI's with me other credit cards.  How many days do I have where it won't affect my credit score if they pull another report?  I know when you apply for a car loan you have 10 days where it won't keep affecting your score.

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Slate denied my CLI

@glamchick wrote:

I just applied for a CLI and was denied for Chase.  Im going to try to the backdoor number.

I have no baddies and I paid off the card.  Do you think its my credit scores?   (see my signature for current scores)

Also, i wanted to apply for CLI's with me other credit cards.  How many days do I have where it won't affect my credit score if they pull another report?  I know when you apply for a car loan you have 10 days where it won't keep affecting your score.

That rule only applies to auto loans. BUT, its my personal opinion that hard inquiries are not nearly as damaging as many people fear.

CLI's are almost always a soft pull, BTW.

Message 2 of 4
glamchick
Established Contributor

I called the back door number and they said I was denied due to a late payment 8 months ago on my other credit card.  

He suggested maybe I wait another 1.5 years before appying again.

Sometimes hardship just happens and its out of your control Smiley Sad

Thank you for your response I hope it was a soft pull too.

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it just one late? If so your scores will jump up when it passes the 24 month mark. Keep asking for CLI's on your other cards.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.