Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase & Chexsystem.... Very Interesting

tag
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Chase & Chexsystem.... Very Interesting

I don't know if this is posted on the right forum (feel free to move it MODS) but I thought my experience would be helpful to anyone else. I'm currently on Chexsystem (reported by BOA) but I froze my report after reading some insightful post here few months ago... So I went in to a banking center today to pay my Chase Freedom card and somehow the teller was like if I didn't wanna go through the hassle of coming to the branch to pay each time that I could open a Chase Checking account and be able to pay my card instantly online. I was very hesitant because I been trying for the longest to open a checking account with Chase and on every occasion (5X) I was denied. Well today everything changed. I sat down down and went through the entire application process with the personal banker and to my greatest surprise the application went through!!! APPROVED!!! Walked out with my new debit card, 3 complimentary checks and my Chase Total Checking Account brochure!!! Can't tell if I was approved because of the frozen report or the fact I now have a Chase CC but I was happy! Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase & Chexsystem.... Very Interesting

I would like to freeze my chexsystems reports so I could do the same!

Congrats! 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 24
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your new Chase account Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 24
Silent99
Established Member

I went through a similar situation. I already had a chase CC and was denied because I had a paid collection within chexsystems. It was a nightmare. I was finally able to get Wells Fargo to remove the entry then I was approved.  But until the entry was removed, reguadless if it was paid ,they would only offer me a checking account with fees.

Message 4 of 24
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@silent99 I'm glad u got everything sorted out and eventually got it to work for you, @gdale6 thanks brethren, I appreciate, @Whitneyy sure do give it a try lets see if this is really a proven fact or I was just lucky to get through the loopholes today but in all I wish u success.

Message 5 of 24
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

OP, I hope this doesn't happen to you, but......Opened up checking account and a week later it was closed due to Chex Entry.  DH had checks and the wholel nine yards.

Glad that's behind him.  Stupid water dept bill came through and they billed both my new andold ck account.  I should have sued them!!!!

I hope Chase lets you keep the account open.

Message 6 of 24
jason0618
Frequent Contributor

Good luck. I'm on chexsystems too, and I've got multiple checking and savings accounts with Chase. Been with them a couple years, and no problems.
Scores as of 04/2021

Gardening until further notice
Message 7 of 24
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

No problem w/NFCU either.  I added him to CharterOne and they shut him down about a month later.  I took in the PAID letter from our other bank, they released the hold and it was good to go.  All this crap for a $30 waterbill....Smiley Mad 

Message 8 of 24
eric19k
Established Contributor

2 months ago I tried same trick. Freezed chexsystems and went to US Bank. But was unable to get a checking. They have some other way to check it.
But if you don't have Fraud Activity entry then you good to go with Citi Bank. Just tell them.straightforward.
Congrats on your success. Is there any chance that entry just aged off?
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 9 of 24
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@fishbjc wrote:

OP, I hope this doesn't happen to you, but......Opened up checking account and a week later it was closed due to Chex Entry.  DH had checks and the wholel nine yards.

Glad that's behind him.  Stupid water dept bill came through and they billed both my new andold ck account.  I should have sued them!!!!

I hope Chase lets you keep the account open.

I hope so too but I don't see that happening or at least there will be no activity that would result in a Chexsystem report ever again. For now my files are on ice so I'm not sure how else they could obtain the report without my permission. I'm thinking if they needed that, they would have halted the process and make me unblock the files but none of that happened. No questions asked.... The last time (in May) I was at this same branch and attempted to open the account (before the freeze) I was literally declined before they finished entering the last four of my SSN lmaoo. And there hasn't been any change in Chex since then till now, aside the freeze. But let's watch and see in the coming weeks and month, thanks much for sharing!

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.