cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase and Verizon chargeoffs after battling depression for a year, how to rebuild?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase and Verizon chargeoffs after battling depression for a year, how to rebuild?

Included are two screenshots of my credit report as of yesterday (at bottom of post). Quick backstory, lost my job in beginning of 2012, fell into a depression and shut out the world for an entire year. Trying to pick up the pieces but after some initial research it looks like this Chase charge off will haunt me for the next 7 years?

If you were in my position, what would you do? I'm just now looking for a job, all of my basic needs are covered, I'm finally getting unemployment (long story, was too embarassed to get it, would have been able to pay my own debt but I'm an idiot), dad willing to pay Verizon not sure about Chase.

What's my next move? I had like a 700+ credit score before 2012, I'm guessing that's vaporized now for many years?

If I pay in full on both do you think I can get pay for deletes? Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase and Verizon chargeoffs after battling depression for a year, how to rebuild?

I'd keep mailing PFDs to both until they agreed in writing.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.