cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase and charge off...would a GW letter work?

tag
castor4072
Regular Contributor

Chase and charge off...would a GW letter work?

Has anyone used a GW letter for a removal for a charge off for Chase? I just paid it off and NOW its reporting..."Paid satisfactory - more than 180 days late"...they didn't cut me any slack.....grrrr! Please advise please!!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase and charge off...would a GW letter work?

I actually just sent an email to the CEO of chase, but haven't heard back. I have read alot of threads about Chase being nice with the GW letters and some saying it didn't work. It doesn't hurt to try though since it's already paid. I would just send them to every address you can find for them. Good luck!

Message 2 of 7
castor4072
Regular Contributor

Can you share the email address with me for the CEO? And please keep us posted if they removed it...good luck! ;-)

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

sent you a pm

Message 4 of 7
castor4072
Regular Contributor

Thanks....

Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I cant speak as to how much ultimate payment of a debt that they previously considered uncollectible might serve as basis for them to delete the reporting of that prior conclusion, but it is worth the effort, as it is in and of itself a major derog.  I would emphasize that the fact of payment shows the debt was not, in fact, uncollectible.

Most charge-offs have been preceded by the reporting of escalating monthly delinquencies.  I would include in any GW request the deletion not only of the CO itself, but any reported delinquencies that preceded it.  If they do delete only the CO and other major monthly derogs remain, the result might not be that significant.

Message 6 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I got Chase removed by GW.  It was just repeated GWs to the address on my GW.  They sent me everything under the sun back.  They even sent me every CC statement with them for the past 6 years!!!   Then one day, they just vanished.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.