Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase auto-loan late-pay status update!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase auto-loan late-pay status update!

For the past couple years I've just been playing the waiting game but thanks to all of the amazing info on here I decided to actually start putting in some work.  I had sent a couple of goodwills (CapOne & Navient) to no avail.  Have an old Chase Auto Loan that was showing a status of "up to 90 days past due" that had been closed.  The car had been totalled out and paid off by insurance but the investigation period took a few months before the check was cut and I didn't realize I should have continued to pay. Smiley Sad  Well I wrote another letter (email) requesting an adjustment and crossed my fingers.  Got a call stating that they were unable to make adjustments to acurate information, however since I had mentioned that there was a delay in the payoff from insurance they would investigate.  Today they contacted me to let me know that they would be backdating payment to the date the insurance listed as the date of the incident of total loss and my credit reports would be updated to show "Paid as agreed" and closed!  Equifax already updated and I got a 10pt jump! 

While not exactly a "goodwill" but so glad to have this one cleaned up!  Onto the next.... 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase auto-loan late-pay status update!

Congrats on your efforts!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase auto-loan late-pay status update!

Congratulations
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.