Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase goodwill letter after charge off

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase goodwill letter after charge off

Once the OC sells the debt, they are done with it.

At that point, if you send a GW to the OC that is otherwise pursuasive, they may of may not care or investigate whether the debt was ultimately paid to the new owner.

In such a situation, I would not even mention the ultimate status unless you did, in fact, pay the debt.  Just the GW plea.

However, if you did pay, I would mention it.  While the $$ did not go into the OC's pocket, payment would at least show that their prior determination that you were NOT going to pay the debt (which is what reporting of a CO is) was not actually the final case. 

Prior bad times, rather than intent to sriff the debt, are quite differenct.

Message 11 of 17
BlessedHappiness
New Contributor

Can you PM me the contact information you sent the e-mail to as well please? Thank you so much.
Message 12 of 17
jasonwee

some one please send me the address for chase GW letter ..

Thanks

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a charge off with chase bank from an old amazon credit card bank. 

is there a way Chase accept a pay to deleate agreement.  what is your advice 

this is the status on my card

Account Details

Message 14 of 17
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You can certainly make a PFD offer.

However, after taking a CO, a creditor will often either refer to a debt collector for continued action to collect the debt, or they may sell the debt to recoup a bit more of their expected total loss.

Avoidance of involvment of a debt collector may be paramount, thus avoiding the addition of a collection on top of the CO.  And if they sell the debt, you lose any ability to PFD with the OC.

It might be prudent to consider a quick call to feel them out, both as to whether they have hired a debt collector or sold the debt, and also their inclination to accept a PFD.

That call might lead you to consideration of paying the debt promptly to avoid reporting of a collection.......

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did, and the debt still is in the hands of Chase, but the reps I have spoke to say that after paying the debt they will change it to charge off paid off. I ask them if I can speak to someone who may have more authority, but they deny to transferme to them. and really i don't know what to do or who to contact. 

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone PM me the contact info of Eileen Serra new CEO of Chase Credit Card Services please

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.