Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase goodwill question

tag
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

Chase goodwill question

I see several people have had success with chase. I have a closed card with them that is current but has a 3000 balance. I am working to get it paid off. I wanted to contact chase for a goodwill delete of the late payments. Do you think they would do that if I have a balance or should I try to pay off the balance first? The reason I am asking is because I have some smaller cards that ate in good standing with balances. I was going to start on these first but if It would be better to try and get the 3000 chase balance paid off first so I can go for a goodwill delete maybe I should do that. My small cards are store cards but one of them is maxed so I thought it would be better to try and pay that down but it has no late pays. Now wondering if the chase one would be better. Trying to qualify for a mortgage in six months and need 75 point increase. Thanks everyone.
Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase goodwill question

What does the chase card that's closed show for a credit limit ? And how bad are the late payments on the account ~ 30, 60 days late or worse ?
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

Limit is 5000 and there are some 30 and 60 day lates and they are atleast six months old. I know if they deleted it could hurt my utilization percentage but I am talking to my sister about adding me as an authorized user on one of her paid off cards in good standing to raise my available credit total.
Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 3 of 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I think that since the lates are not worse than 60 days old then you should focus on paying it down first and not worry about the lates right now.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.