Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase has lost their minds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase has lost their minds

Before I get too far in to this I want to let you guys know I've already contacted Chases executive offices and they're already looking in to this. I'm not really looking for a solution here, I just want to share the story and see if anyone else has ever experienced this.

I had a Chase account that I let lapse in to chargeback status for an amount over $1600. They ended up having a lawyer (Goldman & Warshaw) file litigation with my county courthouse. These guys only represented Chase, they didn't purchase the debit, Chase still owned it. I've since paid off the full balance about a month ago. 2 weeks ago my balance was finally updated to $0 and it was marked as Paid, was a charge-off. Well this morning I log in to my USAA credit monitoring and on 2 of the bureaus it showed my full balance was owed again and it was in charge-off status again, as if it was never paid. I ordered one of my fico scores through myfico and there it was, reflecting exactly what USAA was showing. I contacted Chase this morning and the woman I spoke with let me know that they do show a $0 balance in their system and they're going to have this resolved by next Monday. 

Has anyone else ever had a similar experience with Chase or perhaps another creditor? I don't want to get too far in to a speculation but would this possibly be grounds for me to ask Chase to just delete the account from my credit files? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase has lost their minds

@Anonymous wrote:

Before I get too far in to this I want to let you guys know I've already contacted Chases executive offices and they're already looking in to this. I'm not really looking for a solution here, I just want to share the story and see if anyone else has ever experienced this.

I had a Chase account that I let lapse in to chargeback status for an amount over $1600. They ended up having a lawyer (Goldman & Warshaw) file litigation with my county courthouse. These guys only represented Chase, they didn't purchase the debit, Chase still owned it. I've since paid off the full balance about a month ago. 2 weeks ago my balance was finally updated to $0 and it was marked as Paid, was a charge-off. Well this morning I log in to my USAA credit monitoring and on 2 of the bureaus it showed my full balance was owed again and it was in charge-off status again, as if it was never paid. I ordered one of my fico scores through myfico and there it was, reflecting exactly what USAA was showing. I contacted Chase this morning and the woman I spoke with let me know that they do show a $0 balance in their system and they're going to have this resolved by next Monday

Has anyone else ever had a similar experience with Chase or perhaps another creditor? I don't want to get too far in to a speculation but would this possibly be grounds for me to ask Chase to just delete the account from my credit files? 

The situation is probably gonna get handled.  Thirdy party CMS's can lag the actual bureaus ... i know myfico tu does by a  month plus  these days.  As far as deletion goes it only means they have to update it and once updated it stays because it will be accurate.   I don't want to get your hopes up into thinking it has to be deleted but you can GW them.

Message 2 of 3
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase has lost their minds

They only report to the CRAs about once a month, so you should expect it to correct about 30-45 days from when you paid them off.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.