Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase - no GW available

tag
bunneysvg
Established Member

Chase - no GW available

This account with 90 days before I had the money to pay it up to current. I did not have a check book with me so I called the bank to get the info and then called in a check to Chase. Long story short, the bank gave me the wrong routing number and then returned the check unpaid.

We just go by our online account balance at the bank so by the time I found out the check did not go through, I had already spent it on other bills. It took FOREVER to get a letter from Cap1 adv of the error and the fault being theirs. By this time, the acct went to 180 before I could get it current.

I emailed the EO at Chase and explained that I should only have gone 90 days late and the clock should have restarted but she said no becuase the error was on the part of the bank and not Chase. I asked her to reconsider because althought the error was not Chase's, it certainly was not mine. She said no and I should seek recourse through my bank. I asked her what recourse could the bank possibly provide to a late mark on my credit report and she could not respond and only stated again that the error was not theirs and they would not change the reporting because it is accurate.

Anyone have any advice as to how to proceed or a better contact they could PM for a higher ranking person that might understand the situation better?

PS. I never ever denied being late or requested and reductions in payoff or lates or interest. I am paying the bill because it is mine and it is the right thing to do for me. It is just that this particular issue was not my fault and I dont want to suffer that consequence on top of all the rest.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase - no GW available

Wow.... You mean you don't maintain a running balance of all your transactions and disregard what your online bank balance says due to the fact it's usually wrong due to the fact you have unpaid debits and checks floating out there?

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 2 of 7
bunneysvg
Established Member

Thank you for your helpful comment.......Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 7
yfan
Valued Contributor

There is nothing you can do about this, at least not as far as having Chase fix the late payment. As far as they are concerned, the payment *was* late, and through no fault of theirs. You won't get anything claiming that it wasn't your fault. You can ask for a goodwill consideration, if your credit history with Chase is otherwise good. But other than that, which is totally up to them, I don't see any way out of this - not for the next 7 years.

Message 4 of 7
EW800
Valued Contributor

Regretfully, if has been my experience that Chase can be very difficult - if not impossible. You need GW love from them to correct this, and as near as I can tell, Chase is not very good at honoring GW requests. I am sure there have been a few, so can't hurt to try every couple of months. In my case, I have had return calls from people in their EO, who are always very friendly and professional, however they will not budge an inch.

It could be that only time (7 years) will heal your issue, with occasional GW letters along the way, in hopes that one hits the right person at just the right time.
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 5 of 7
kittywitty
Contributor

i had a disney chase visa and i can tell you they are not very easy to work with at all. they just removed one 60 day late from my equifax which brought my 8 yr history to a positive.i hired lexington law and i think they have something to do with it being removed. i argued with them for months b/c they told me it would say closed by consumer and they refuse to change it. i never even asked them to remove the late. they told me they would remove the 60 day late but they could not change the closed by consumer. i didn't even believe them and about fell over when i saw they removed it. they told me they close accounts at 60 days late. so is your account still considered open? or is it closed? they are no fun to argue with that is for sure.

Message 6 of 7
bunneysvg
Established Member

It is closed with a balance due that will paid off in the next two months.

I am more than willing to take my lumps on the late payments. It is my fault. I know that. I was just really hoping that I could get it to go from 30/60/90/120/150/180 to 30/60/90-30/60/90. I just thought this might not look as bad. I guess I am going to try at letter at planetfeedback and hope for the best. I guess it is worth a shot. Its only going to cost me my time.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.