Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase re-aging question

tag
Gxo11
Valued Member

Re: Chase re-aging question

Were you able to get the tradeline removed? I am going throught the exact same thing with Chase right now. It came off of two of my credit reports but not the Experian.

Starting Score: EQ 537 TU 580 EX 527
Current Score: EQ 743 TU 704 EX 713
Goal Score: 830

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did not attempt to contact them. They sent me a 1099-C so I left it alone. It will fall off in early 2018
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I did not attempt to contact them. They sent me a 1099-C so I left it alone. It will fall off in early 2018

If they sent a 1099-C you can dispute with EX and state balance is incorrect and ask it to be updated to $0 and make sure you upload a copy of your 1099-C when doing it though and they will update to $0. I just went through this with them and they updated to $0 in only a couple days. Do NOT dispute with EQ as they will just update it as late and show as more recent (I found out the hard way) and not sure about TU yet as I'm waiting on the current dispute to be finialized (although I've heard they are usually good about updating to $0 if you upload it as well but not sure). If it's not affecting your UTIL it may not be a huge deal to do, although with me it was 7k for me so I needed to have it updated to $0. Hope this helps.

Edit: Both EQ and TU updated the account saying it is the correct balance and added new CO status updates for last year since they had stopped reporting. It does my EQ score by 28 points and TU by 2 points. I don't recommend disputing it if they are not updating each month, except with EX as they will update to $0 balance. I regret disputing but lesson learned. 

Message 13 of 14
Gxo11
Valued Member

Equifax & Transunion deleted the Midland/Chase accounts on schedule at 7 years. I had to call Experian and the rep submitted a request to update with the correct date of first delinquency. It was subsequently deleted. Best of luck.

Starting Score: EQ 537 TU 580 EX 527
Current Score: EQ 743 TU 704 EX 713
Goal Score: 830

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.