cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase response to GW - deleted account.. TU and EXP gone... EQ still showing... how to handle

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase response to GW - deleted account.. TU and EXP gone... EQ still showing... how to handle

Chase was kind enough to respond to my GW letter that they no longer had an old account of mine in thier system and were deleting the TL.    

This was an account with multiple lates 30,60 90+ that was closed (I was happy to lose this account - there was very little impact on AAoA). 

They provided a letter that I could use in the interim to show lenders if necessary of their intent to delete the account.  TU and Exp very quickly updated thier reports and this account was gone.  EQ is still showing the TL ( 3 weeks after TU and Exp deleted).

How long should I wait and what can I do to get it deleted - if I dispute - will it drop as Chase will not reverify?  If so, what reason do I select?

TIA

Deb

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
203bravo
Established Contributor

Re: Chase response to GW - deleted account.. TU and EXP gone... EQ still showing... how to handle

For nominal processing it should be given at least 60 days - this will account for reporting cycles.  After that then you can most likely get it dropped with a dispute as inaccurate or outdated information. 

BTW - Congrats on the GW win.

Message Edited by 203bravo on 04-27-2009 11:39 AM
Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
203bravo
Established Contributor

Re: Chase response to GW - deleted account.. TU and EXP gone... EQ still showing... how to handle

For nominal processing it should be given at least 60 days - this will account for reporting cycles.  After that then you can most likely get it dropped with a dispute as inaccurate or outdated information. 

BTW - Congrats on the GW win.

Message Edited by 203bravo on 04-27-2009 11:39 AM
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply.  I guess I will wait....

I just want it to be gone now .... patience is such a difficult thing: smileyhappy:

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.