Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheapest way to see soft pulls

tag
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Cheapest way to see soft pulls

What is the most inexpensive way for me to be able to see on my credit reports who is soft pulling me? Is there an alert service which will alert me of that? It is frankly not important enough to me to pay like  20 dollars a month for.  I just wanna see if Victoria's Secret has soft pulled me cause I'm trying to get that popup preapproval thing to work. I recently opted back in from the opt out list and I suspect that I am still opted out and that is why I am not generating a preapproval but I'm not sure.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cheapest way to see soft pulls

Honestly, I did the shopping cart trick with VS and with King Size  --  I see no soft pulls from them on my CR at all, which I check religiously everyday  so I am not sure if you would see them either.

Maybe they are, indeed, pulling you and u dont qualify? the only way you will get hte pre-approval is if you qualify.

I didnt get the pop up for express, ann taylor, or any other stores (from several different computers)..... guess I am just not good enough for them yet! ;-)

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
namvet
Established Contributor

I am not aware of any alert service for soft pulls.  I check mine once a year at annualcredit report.com.  Another way is to order your experian report from their site (small charge) and once you get that report you can access as much as you want by selection "view report again" from their menu with no additional charge.

Message 3 of 5
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

i subscribe to equifax.com and i can see the soft pulls there.  that service is like 19.95 a month though.  I'm about to cancel though as i don't think i need it anymore. 

Message 4 of 5
Jess421
Contributor

I dont think that just becuase you are opted in that you will automatically get a pre-approval popop.  I happened to get one and was completely shocked by it! But many others tried the shopping cart trick with no luck.  After I got the VS Pre-Approval I tried the same thing with all the other stores( NYC, Express, etc) no luck there.  But nothing ever reported on my credit reports.  The only thing that showed up was when it showed on my revolving credit.

Starting Score: CK 519 FICO 498
Current Score: 2/26/13 FICO 590 TU FAKO 639
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.