Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chex Systems Question

tag
InOZmK
New Contributor

Re: Chex Systems Question

Awesome, thanks for the info!  Like I said, I have never been in the situation before, at least from what I am aware of, so not sure how things worked with ChexSystems.  Thanks again.

TU - 683 (Discover 8/28/2014)
EQ - 693 (9/8/2014)

My wallet: Cap One Venture VISA Sig $7.5k, Cap One Platinum $5k, Cap One Quicksilver $2.25k, Cap One Quicksilver One $1k, Chase Freedom $2k, Discover IT $800, Total Rewards $6k, AMEX ED $1k, Barclays Rewards $5k, Barclays Arrival $1k, First Savings $750, Bank of America Better Balance Rewards $1k, Walmart $400
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

InOZmk - sounds like you are being advise to "...let a sleeping dog lie..."!
Message 12 of 17
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

There's also an additional company, other than Chex.....that banks sometimes reports to.  I'm looking through my info to see if I can locate this. 

Chex falls off five years. 

Message 13 of 17
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

EWS Check Systems.  It's owned by a bunch of large banks (Chase, Wells Fargo, Capital One, etc).  It's another layer of protection for the banks. 

Message 14 of 17
InOZmK
New Contributor

Haha.  I was poking the dog, and the dog kept sleeping, so I tried to feed it.  Not my fault slumber weighed heavier on its mind than food.

I called 3 separate times to see if they would budge, but instead of something substantial towards the account, they chose to get nothing.  Of course, I had no real idea of when it would fall off, so I was doing what I thought I was supposed to be doing.

EQ - 693 (9/8/2014)

My wallet: Cap One Venture VISA Sig $7.5k, Cap One Platinum $5k, Cap One Quicksilver $2.25k, Cap One Quicksilver One $1k, Chase Freedom $2k, Discover IT $800, Total Rewards $6k, AMEX ED $1k, Barclays Rewards $5k, Barclays Arrival $1k, First Savings $750, Bank of America Better Balance Rewards $1k, Walmart $400
Message 15 of 17
InOZmK
New Contributor

Fish, I've heard of them.  Luckily for me, the places I have been trying to gain entry into have turned me down only for ChexSystems.  Shouldn't have anything on EWS anyways.

EQ - 693 (9/8/2014)

Message 16 of 17
gagirl82
Regular Contributor

You should write the bank a pfd and specificaly ask to remove you from chex and all three credit agencies.  I was orginally told no when I called and asked about doing a PFD but I refused to take no for an answer.  I wrote a letter to the bank and boldly told them that I understant how credit works and having a paid collection on my reports is no better than having an unpaid one and that I would pay in full if they deleted.  About a week after I sent the letter I got a letter in the bank instructing me on how to pay and saying that they would delete everything and they did.  Most of the time the people who answer the phone at the bank dont have any power and do not know much about credit.  I would suggest that you write a PFD letter to the collections mananger.  They may delete it for you! It's at least worth a try! Good luck!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.