Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChexSystems Entry Removal

tag
Sorainzo
Valued Member

ChexSystems Entry Removal

Hello. I just ordered a ChexSystems report and it says I have 2 charge offs that were paid off in FULL back in 2011. I find ChexSystems very annoying. How do I remove the entries so it doesn't affect my account signups?

I rarely have problems opening checking accounts, but some Credit Unions don't want to allow the opening of a checking account because of that annoying ChexSystems entry that was paid off IN FULL already.

I have seen some advertisements talking about helping removing entries from ChexSystems but I want to know fo the most EFFICIENT way of getting these darn entries removed.

Starting Score: 597
Current Score: 694
Goal Score: 710

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
My Current Cards: Capital One Cash Rewards - $5000, Chase Amazon Rewards - $1400, Citi Secured - $300, U.S. Bank Secured - $300, Firestone CFNA Card - $1200
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: ChexSystems

@Sorainzo wrote:

Hello. I just ordered a chexsyetems report and it says I have 2 charge offs that were paid. How do I remove them?  Try contacting the bank(s) where you paid those accounts off to see if they could remove you from chex systems.  Although chex systems is a tough cookie.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 17
Sorainzo
Valued Member

Re: ChexSystems Entry Removal

Any other way, because it seems like the banks will try to stall to get those removed. Any success stories?

My Current Cards: Capital One Cash Rewards - $5000, Chase Amazon Rewards - $1400, Citi Secured - $300, U.S. Bank Secured - $300, Firestone CFNA Card - $1200
Message 3 of 17
MortgageMinded
Frequent Contributor

Once you are in their system, it's almost impossible to get out of it. Been there, done that as well. It's 5 long years of waiting for the items to fall off and it prohibits your use of writing checks in retail stores as most use Chex to validate check transactions in stores like Target and Wal-mart. There are a few ways around it if you need to get a new account:

1) Bank of America, I opened a savings account first online. Once the account is open, I waited about a week and opened a checking account using the same login credentials online. Approved a day or two later.

2) Wells Fargo has a great program. You can sign up for this plan that has limited abilities (can't use an ATM card to deposit cash and some other limited activities). After 12 -18 mos,they convert your account for good behavior. You have to do this in person.   This program is called "Opportunity Checking" and again you have to go to a branch and speak with a rep about it.

Good luck and don't take no for an answer, there are programs out there, you just have to be persistent and keep looking. I had an identity theft issue and it was a nightmare cleaning up the problems we had. These were 2 ways I was able to get an account. Like my credit, I treat these like gold.

Starting Score: Jan 2014 EQ: 595 TU: 575 EX: 550
Current Score: Feb 2015 EQ: 615 TU: 650 EX: 643
Goal Score: Hoping to join the 700 Club this year!

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

You might want to check you reports at Telecheck,SCAN,CERTEGY. Similar to Chexsystem is another CRA called' Early Warning Service", get their copy as well.

Message 5 of 17
Ambular1304
Contributor

I feel like some banks will over look the chexsystem.  I'm in chexsystem (it will fall off in October of this year) and I went into chase bank to apply for a prepaid debit card and the banker told me I could get a normal checking and savings account with them, and was even given checks. And sometimes I write checks at Walmart with no problem at all.  Also I once walked into a Ralph's and there was a US bank inside and it had a huge sign that said "Chexsystem? No Problem" So I'm not sure if it was just that branch or what, but there are options out there!

*** whoops so I just re read your post and I didn't read it all the way through my response has nothing to do with what you were asking about! Sorry about that!

Message 6 of 17
Sorainzo
Valued Member

So call the banks themselves and have them remove the entries? I feel like these reports shouldn't even be affecting me at all since I been paid these off and haven't had any checking account problems since those 2 reports.

What do you do? Send them a GW letter or something? Any particular template to use or department to call?

Message 7 of 17
faithincredit
New Contributor

@MortgageMinded wrote:

Once you are in their system, it's almost impossible to get out of it. Been there, done that as well. It's 5 long years of waiting for the items to fall off and it prohibits your use of writing checks in retail stores as most use Chex to validate check transactions in stores like Target and Wal-mart. There are a few ways around it if you need to get a new account:

1) Bank of America, I opened a savings account first online. Once the account is open, I waited about a week and opened a checking account using the same login credentials online. Approved a day or two later.

2) Wells Fargo has a great program. You can sign up for this plan that has limited abilities (can't use an ATM card to deposit cash and some other limited activities). After 12 -18 mos,they convert your account for good behavior. You have to do this in person.   This program is called "Opportunity Checking" and again you have to go to a branch and speak with a rep about it.

Good luck and don't take no for an answer, there are programs out there, you just have to be persistent and keep looking. I had an identity theft issue and it was a nightmare cleaning up the problems we had. These were 2 ways I was able to get an account. Like my credit, I treat these like gold.

I have 1 BOA charge off on my Chex Systems. When I initially applied at Chase they didn't let me open a checking account.  They offered me a Chase Liquid ($5 per month) prepaid debit card where I can deposit money at Chase ATM's and use like a regular bank card. I even have a routing and checking account numbers.  After 6 months I went to withdraw at the teller and they told me that I can convert to a regular checking account with NO monthly fee.

Message 8 of 17
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

So charged off credit cards go into Chex Systems as well? Or just charged off checking accounts? I'm confused now :-/
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charged-off as well as mishandeled acccounts from retail banking only goes to Chexsystem,EWS, ARS, as well as Sagestream. 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.