Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChexSystems Entry Removal

tag
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Re: ChexSystems Entry Removal

Wow. Never knew that! Mine is clean anyhow :-p
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

The more you know,  more it frustrates you. 

ARS is usually to report issuance of MC or Visa card. It is often called ICS (Issuer's Clearinghouse Service) where furnishere report applications with your name for MC or Visa.

EWS (Early Warning Service) is one of the most detailed one used by BoA, JP and I guess Chase. They report ledgers that led up to Charge-offs and Account Closures as well as the fact if the account has been purged. You will be surprised to see what is in there.

Message 12 of 17
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Can I pull that report?
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes in fact FCRA regulates them as well because they are all CRAs. Unlike 3BGs, you need to call someof them while others requires a idetification certification by you along with your DL to send you a free copy. once you have all those, it would look like a masssive book.

I am still surprised though the degree of info EWS reposits.

Message 14 of 17
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Any idea how long it stays on file?
Message 15 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@cartwrna wrote:
Any idea how long it stays on file?

Negative info would still be governed by the FCRA.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Negative retail banking reporting is reported for five years from the date of reporting. Some of them state their current reporting practice on the first page of the consumer report. A reporting financial institution, however, may choose not to report. Regardless of record keeping or reporting period, some financial institution tends to put less weight on such reporting after two to three years period when they are making a decision relating to retail banking. Because a branch manager has an overide authirty in such cases, this is the reason you may hear that some people have been able to open accounts despite an entry in the ChexSystem.   

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.