Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chexsystem problem

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chexsystem problem

Good day everyone.

I have a huge issue with chexsystem i had a total of 4 banks reported on there all of them for over draft. I went to every bank and they provided the stupidest prove where it was over draft. I did not argue i paid them all the full amount of the disputed amount (one bank reported 250 on my chexsystem and told me in the branch is 350) each representative told me that the report will be removed completely from the system. I went home and waited 10 days called chexsystem and all they did was report the account to "paid" At this point i don't know what to do i cant get a bank account anywhere. Is there any company that can help me dispute these reporting and remove me? (I found this disputeassistance.org, however they sound like a scam.) Is there anything i can do to remove these reporting? 

Thanks in advance for your help and expertise opinion.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ravaage
Established Member

Re: Chexsystem problem

Chexsystem is the worse... I tried for about a year to have some bogus charge from BOA taken off. BOA even admitted it should have never happened! Every attempt was unsuccessful, I was only able to open a savings account and had to pay in cash for EVERYTHING! Eventually I gave up disputing and waited out the 5 years because I found out that chase bank has a special checking account for people with issues with Chexsystems. They will even "graduate" you to a normal checking account after a certain amount of time. 

Its been about 7-8 years, I should probably check to make sure it is still not there... 

Current FICOs: (10-27-14) EQ- 655 / EX- 659 / TU- 653

Chase Sapphire Preferred $5,000 / CapitalOne Quicksilver $3,000 / Barclaycard Rewards $2,500 / Barclaycard Apple $1,200 / CapitalOne Platinum $750 / Macy's $600 / Chase Freedom $500

In the garden as of 11/04/2014
Message 2 of 6
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Suntrust and Regions bank doesn't use Chexsystems.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 3 of 6
gagirl82
Regular Contributor

I got an account removed from chex and it was pretty simple.  I just asked the bank to remove it and they did. They just stopped reporting it on their side so it no longer shows up on my chex.

Message 4 of 6
mo6579
Contributor

I have 2 accounts in Chex from USBank. One was the dormant checking account which went negative because of a fee, and then the auto transfer from my savings to cover that which had a tiny balance caused savings to go under minimum balance and cause a fee, and that went negative. Never knew about it because I was out of the country.

3.5 years later, I offered to pay in full or more for them to remove it, and I got a big fat no from multiple people. So, I searched around. A small credit union in the town where I worked opened an account happily for me. Too bad for USBank, becuase now they have no leverage. And don't think that once I'm out of Chex I will just forget how the other major banks pretty much banned me. My advice is to look for a smaller credit union near you - even if they check Chex they'll usually listen better than the big banks that have to follow their computers.

I held cash in a safe for those 3.5 years, and learned a lot about cash flow. I also disputed the chex listings and got nowhere, tried all the methods. They are tough to beat in my experience.

Current Fico08 TU:654 EX:641 EQ:650 (01/31/2015)
Current Fico04 TU:??? EX:695 EQ:675 (01/31/2015)
03/2013 - TU:567 EX:490 EQ:540
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same problem before where bank report my over draft. I paid them off at the brance and request a reciept from them that it was paid on that day.  Some time they forget to report to chexsystem and you can use that letter to prove it to them. It had happen to me. But i was able to open an account no problem.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.