Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chexsystems help me get out.

tag
Lebada3
New Visitor

Chexsystems help me get out.

I had 1800$ charged off with Chase in 2010. I paid this off, and later this thing got removed from my Chex. I simply asked them to provide me with detailed evidence of the debt owned. They failed, and then removed it.

I had 200$ charged off with BoA in 2009. Paid it off in 2013 IIRC. Chex does simply not want to remove this. I have asked them to provide me with detailed evidence of the debt owned, and they simply say they verified the debt and that it's accurate, but they provide no evidence. They tell me to either provide Police Report or it stays there. Also to note, I also wrote BoA to remove, negative response from them as well. 

Police report is out of the question, as they want everything including DNA samples from you. No go. 

From what I understand my only hope is to take Chex to Small Claims Court for the 200$ negative from BoA. Good idea? Anybody else done this? The debt is valid, and was paid off, but then again so was the one from Chase and they removed it. I need bank accounts badly. Advice please on taking Chex to SCC for the 200$ BoA negative mark. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: Chexsystems help me get out.

There are a variety of "second chance" checking accounts available at various banks and CUs.

Message 2 of 6
MortgageMinded
Frequent Contributor

user5387 is right, Banks like Wells Fargo have second chance checking in case you get flagged by CS. Then it's 5 years from when your account was reported to them.

Most people don't find out about CS until they are already on it.

Starting Score: Jan 2014 EQ: 595 TU: 575 EX: 550
Current Score: Feb 2015 EQ: 615 TU: 650 EX: 643
Goal Score: Hoping to join the 700 Club this year!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Chex systems will have to remove it if you've sent a receipt of the paid account. Have you done this?
Message 4 of 6
Officer737
Established Contributor

U.S. Bank is real good about second chance bank accounts. If you go the police report route, just tell them you want an information report only not a full offense report. They will give you a case/event number and put your statement on paper. Some agencies might say it is a civil matter and not do anything though.

Message 5 of 6
welshdave86
Valued Member

I'm a Personal Banker and with a Chargeoff from 2009 we always help out. Depending on each situation, it's either a Savings account for a while or a Checking with no Debit Card for 60 days...  

Good luck!

EQ - 735
EX - 717
TU - 707

Chase Freedom $7000 | Disover IT $5500 Capital One Quicksilver $1200 | Amazon Store Card $650 2% UTL | Ford Credit Auto Loan - 2 years old | AAoA - 18 months
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.