Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child Support on a CR question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Child Support on a CR question

I am curent. I got 90 days behind when I switched jobs. Bad move on my part. Anything I can do to get it taken off? I got the 90 days back paid up around 2 years ago

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Child Support on a CR question

I was under the impression that once it was paid, it would be removed.

It may vary from state to state.  Contact Support Enforcement and see if they can help you.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just call and ask them? Anything I should say?

Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Yea, just call and ask.  Tell them you got behind but caught up and have been paying on time.  Ask them if they could remove the negative from your report.

Explain why you got behind.  It may or may not work but is at least worth the shot.

Good luck.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I called them, much to my chagrin I learned that the amount was 26 dollars for a two months. It was also 126 dollars she said. I pled for them to remove it and she said they can't.  Explained that it was due to changing jobs. The garnishment didn't get to the new job before this happened. Totally my fault.

I just changed jobs 3 weeks ago. Called them, they still haven't sent the order for support to my employer. I am trying to be much more diligent this time around as not to make the same mistake. So Monday I am sending a check for the amount I owe.

On a side note they did send me a check one time for one dollar. I still don't remember what I did with it : )

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.