Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrage off with HSBC Credit Card

tag
jprose5
Established Member

Chrage off with HSBC Credit Card

Hello, this is my first time posting here. I paid a charge off that showed on my credit report last month. Since I paid the amount in full, what kind of increase to my score am I looking at, if at all? Will it still show on my report as a CO? It was only for $100. I had thought I paid the account a long time back and it took looking at my report to realize I hadn't Smiley Frustrated.

I also have one other account that I owe and plan to pay as well as a student loan that I'm paying. Otherwise, everything seems to be in good standing yet I can't seem to get my Equifax score above 600. Any suggestions? Will it help to pay my other account in full or can I settle it for half and still get a good increase to my score?

I am very new and unfamiliar to how this works.

Starting Score: 568
Current Score: 612
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Chrage off with HSBC Credit Card

A paid CO/collection is looked at the same by FICO.  The only way it may help is if it was with the OC.  These amounts are factored into your overall utilization and when paid will no longer be. 

The only way for your score to increase significantly, depending on other negatives, AAoA, utilization, etc, would be to have it removed.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.