Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi/BOA Charge offs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi/BOA Charge offs

Hello everyone. I have a few questions. I read somewhere that BOA & Citi are going to remove chargeoffs that were sold to collection agencies. Is this true? If so, has anyone had their chargeoffs drop without notice? The only charge offs I have on my credit report are Citi/BOA. I currently have a 720 score across 3 agencies. My charge offs are from June 2012. I was successful in removing Capital One/Amex chargeoffs from the same period. If anyone has insight on how to remove these other ones, I would gladly appreciate it. 

Thanks again to this forum. This really helped me bounce back(in terms of credit).

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
martypav7
Contributor

Re: Citi/BOA Charge offs

Good luck with BOA, i called so many times,sent letters and nothing. Got phone call from some lady which told me ok shell remove it but only updated. On the end they said its nothing they can do since its repoting correct data.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll keep trying. Apparently they settled with the Federal government to remove charge offs in 2015. Since charge offs affect people's ability to get a job/buy a home, etc. 

Message 3 of 5
martypav7
Contributor

i just looked on that, its about discharges after bankruptcies. I wish it was like you said, BOA is my only bad thing on report. Im even thinking on pulling to BBB to remove it.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just put something on BBB to remove it. That's how I removed my AMEX/Capital One.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.