Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Bank

tag
stoopidmunkee
Regular Contributor

Citi Bank

I had a Citi Bank card back when I was 18.  I'm 25 now.  The limit on the card was $800; I got laid off my job during the time and was unable to pay.  Now I got a letter in the mail saying I need to pay over $3000 due to interest charges or my pay check is going to get garnished.  I've been making some payments on this, but is there anyway to possible get that resolved or would I really have to pay down the $3000.

CITI - $3500 - CAP1 - $750 - RZMC - $600 - BOA - $600 - CAP2 -$500 - Credit Union $500

TU: 707 (From Wal-Mart's website) * Finally made the 700 club!!!!!!!*
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Bank

They can not just garnish your pay check. They would have to take you to court first and a judgement be awarded to them. 

As far as you paying them a little here and there did you come to an agreement with them?

Do you have an agreement in writing?

Have you kept records, receipts, copies of checks, of all the payments you have made?

Were you subpoena to go to court, or any other act or notice informing you to go to court?

Did you show up in court?

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 3
stoopidmunkee
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi Bank

I know that I can get garnished, since it's already happened to me this year.  Yes I stupidly made an agreement, since I was scared.  No I don't have anything from them anymore, since I was 18 and didn't fully understand credit at the time.  Right now I've improved it enough to be an auto loan, and I honestly believe me getting approved for a card it was sparked them to start requesting money from me.  I never got a subpoena or anything of the sort.

CITI - $3500 - CAP1 - $750 - RZMC - $600 - BOA - $600 - CAP2 -$500 - Credit Union $500

TU: 707 (From Wal-Mart's website) * Finally made the 700 club!!!!!!!*
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.