Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi card paid off and now reporting wrong

tag
suebee123
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi card paid off and now reporting wrong

Thanks for the info...Iet me know if anything changes and I will do the same.

Current: EQ Fico (700), EX Fico AMX (681) TU Fico Walmart (711) MyFico TU (708) Vantage: TU 803, EX 777, EQ 789
Goal: 700+ across the board.
Message 41 of 56
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

Got a letter todate dated march 28 saying that a request has been sent to all three agencies to remove dispute remarks and to reflect account as a paid collection closed by credit grantor. Due to the debt management program I entered in October 2009 which stipulated as part of the program the account would be closed. Ugh so tired of fighting with them. I did recently hire a lawyer to help with my credit issues. We discussed Citibank and she is sending out a validation letter so they will have to correct it. I am ot sure what good that is going to do. I am going to send her an email about this letter. Not sure what next we should take. BBB complaint or just wait to see if I get anywhere with the letter she sent out.
Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 42 of 56
suebee123
Frequent Contributor

I did the same thing, hired a lawyer to fix my errors...I too am tired of this.  I got Citi/Shell to remove my 120 day late, but they reported it as a Paid Collection.  So, I called EQ and told them that I sent a letter to them along with my dispute showing it was a "satisfactory account" and would be reported as such and still isnt.  The EQ rep was nice and found my letter, and did another targeted dispute, disputing the "paid collection" (maybe my letter faxed to them was too broad?).  If this doens't fix it, then I will let the lawyer take care of it. 

They (lawyer) are currently working on my other Citi accounts I had a DMP with and they reported me late 60 and 90 days for the first 6 months of the program, they also sent out a validation letter, we'll see what happens.

I'll keep you all updated on my progress.

Current: EQ Fico (700), EX Fico AMX (681) TU Fico Walmart (711) MyFico TU (708) Vantage: TU 803, EX 777, EQ 789
Message 43 of 56
suebee123
Frequent Contributor

**Update**  got an  EQ alert this morning that the status of my Shell/Citi account changed to "paid as agreed" from paid collection....FINALLY!  Now I get to work on this account with TU.  Haven't got a Score watch alert yet from My Fico, but hoping for a small bump.

Message 44 of 56
birjest
Frequent Contributor

Well, I am hoping for the same..on my USAA CMS, EQ reflect Paid in Full, but still have the account going 120 days past due in February.  I am going to seek guidance form the BBB if this is not resolve (been working this issue since 16FEB).  I wonder what the corporate are thinking?

5/30/15 EQ 596; TU 605; EX 580.
12/18/17 EQ 646; TU 660; EX 674.
7/30/23 EQ 708; TU 703; EX 721.
Message 45 of 56
suebee123
Frequent Contributor

That Feb 120 day late happened to me too, after the account was closed for 3 years and paid in full.  I disputed with the CRA and it got removed last week.  It was an obvious error that even they could see!

Message 46 of 56
birjest
Frequent Contributor

Just got a score watch alert. The account now reflect paid in full, with the 120 day past due removed. Now to get TU and Experain to follow suit.

Message 47 of 56
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

My equifax has been updated to paid as agreed lets hope the other two are corrected shortly. I have faith they will be since equifax was. Yay so excited. I hope to see a score boost as well. I get to pull my report again in a few weeks for trains union from myfico. I may pay to pull equifax too at that time to see if anything else is updated and where I stand inmy score.
Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 48 of 56
birjest
Frequent Contributor

Well, I spoke with Sears/Citibank.  I informed the CSR that I have been dealing with this issue since and February and that I received a letter from Sears stating that my request was frivolous and that Sears won't entertain fixing it.  After I informed the CSR that my next step was to the FTC and the BBB, I was put in touch with an account manager.  She asked me if I put a dispute in, and I informed her (I love the word informed) that at the guidance of each CRA, I was to dispute it, again for the umpteen time.  She then said to me that my account was fixed a couple of days ago and that my account will not report 120 days past due, or charge off, or collection.  She must have read my notes and looked up my last late payment, which was Jan 2009 for 60 days past due.

I am assuming that after being bombardment with people who was enrolled in the DMP getting shafted, some of us may have already went to the FTC and BBB.  Now let see with TU and Experian.  The account manager did informed me that, it may take up to 60 days for the CRA to reflect the changes....

Message 49 of 56
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

My guess is they are in therocess of fixing everyone's due to all the issues. Let's hope atleast.
Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 50 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.