Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi deleted?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi deleted?

I had a CO with Citi bank, I planned on paying the balance in full this month or next month whether or not they agreed to do a PFD, but I just checked CK and had a notification that they deleted it from both TU and EQ. 

I understand that it could have been sold off to a CA, but they usually just update the amount owed to $0 and a collection account pops up, not deleting the line entirely... my question is, and I know there's no solid answer, but is it likely the original line will pop back up on my credit report, or just a collection.

Would I still try to pay the debt to Citi? Wait for the collection?

Thank you all for your knowledge and help.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi deleted?

How old is the CO?
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

From late 2012, still well within SOL for my state

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried GW letter?
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not contacted them at all, they haven't contacted me. There's no apparent reason for the deletion.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Usually the OC keeps the CO going until it falls off and a CA shows up at anytime as well. Not sure why the OC is gone.
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

See what happens...You may have to watch and wait. If it re-appears start GW letters. Trust me they work.
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Usually the OC keeps the CO going until it falls off and a CA shows up at anytime as well. Not sure why the OC is gone.

Exactly, I mean I'm not complaining. If a collection does show up, I'll only have to work at removing one derog as oppossed to two.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would take a collection over a charge off any day!!
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh me too!

I still have two charge offs, luckily I'm making payments on one through a CA that doesn't report to the CBs so once it's paid off I'll try to GW the OC.

The other is sitting with the dreaded PRA, but it's my smallest and I'll fight that battle when it comes.

Thank you for your opinion on this, I just wasn't sure if anyone had similar experience.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.