cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi telling me to stop sending letters. Should I keep sending?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi telling me to stop sending letters. Should I keep sending?

I've been sending quite a few GW letters to Citibank regarding removing the 30 day late payment on my Shell Card from 3 years ago. I know it's 3 years old and probably isn't counting much if anything against my FICO at this point, but it's my only late payment on my report and I'd love to get it removed and have a spotless history. The latest letter from Citibank is from the "Office of the President" as indicated by the letterhead and is signed by someone on their "Executive Response Unit." The letter ends:

"While we understand your desire to have this dispute resolved in your favor, with this final letter, we consider the payment history to be valid. We will no longer respond to inquiries regarding this matter."

Ouch! Should I keep sending GW letters but just send them to the general correspondance address (and not the executive address) and hope I get someone lower down the totem pole willing to delete it?

I was going to give up, but then I remembered what a member on here said about when to give up on sending out goodwill letters... "Don't give up until the post office runs out of stamps." LOL! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi telling me to stop sending letters. Should I keep sending?

Send it again!!!!!!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 5
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

Yup I'd resend. If there ever comes a point they get serious about MAKING you stop, they'd be sending that CMRRR.

That's the point I would give up.
Message 3 of 5
mnosal9
Regular Contributor

I got the same thing from HSBC and Sallie Mae and JCP and Capital One... yet im still sending emails and letters and they are responding to me. I wrote in the letters THIS IS NOT A DISPUTE. because they kept disputing for some reason instead of just GW like I asked

Starting: 6/2012 : EX: 485(FAKO) EQ: 490(FICO) Trans: 482(FAKO)
Current : 4/2014: EX: 650(FICO) EQ: 664 (FICO) Trans: 681 (FICO)

Cards: NPSL Amex Green (AU), $11500 Discover IT, $4000 Quicksilver One, $3500 Bank of America Travel Rewards,$3000 Amex BCE,$3000 Quicksilver One, $3000 AA, $2500 Sallie Mae MC, $5000 Citibank AA, $1500 Barclay, $1200 Macys
~Back to the Garden~

Goal Score: 700 Across!

Gardening til 8/2014!!
Message 4 of 5
koky
Frequent Contributor

Reach for the Spotless history...
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.