Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank: 2 60-day, 1 90-day; consecutive

tag
Pucelle
Established Member

Citibank: 2 60-day, 1 90-day; consecutive

I have 2 60-day late and 1 90-day on a Citibank Credit Card from January-March 2012 that is effecting the bucket that I am in.  It doesn't show up in the payment section on the free reports anymore since there was a change in how long payments have to be made to be considered current.  I was originally just going to wait until they dropped off but I would like to refinance my mortgage from a high rate to a lower rate & I know those 3 dings will hurt more on the mortgage score.

When I orginially looked at the Good Will letters and getting things removed, I had a hard time finding where I would need to send the Good Will letters too.   In my inbox on this site I have to messages that I sent to people who had sucess for the address but they never responded back.

I found:

CITIBANK

P.O. Box 6241

Sioux Falls, SD 57117-6241

But I don't know if it's still good anymore.  Where do you find where to send good will letters to?  I've had this account since 2003 and this 3 month period is the only negative in the whole account.  Citibank has consistantly raised the limit on this card and the only reason this card was late was due to an issue with auto-pay, moving, and a job change.

I have one other negative on my credit report, a 30-day from American Express in November 2011 but I know that AMEX doesn't do good will so that will have to stay until it drops off.

Starting Score: EQ FICO 673 (/20/13) * 656 CK/TU (9/2013) * 711 Vantage (9/2013) * 632 CS (9/2013)
Current Score:
Goal Score: 760+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Citi Dividend MC (1997) $9.33k / Citi ThankYou Preferred World MC (2003) $7.96k / DiscoverIT (4/2013) $13.5k / AMEX Blue Cash Everyday (9/2013) $1k / New York and Company (unknown) / Citibank LoC (2006) $4.9k
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citibank: 2 60-day, 1 90-day; consecutive

A few thoughts:

I'm sure that Citi address you have is fine, but you want to find more addresses.  LOTS more.  I'd recommend 10-15.  I'm confident if you took 15 minutes and searched online for "Citi mailing address" or "Citibank address" that you'd be able to come up with 10-15.  Then when you write your GW letter, print off as many copies as you have addresses.  You just increased your chances of success by 10X-15X.  That's the basis for the Saturation Technique, which I wrote about and you can read about here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/The-Saturation-Technique-Best-GW-adjustment-o...

As for saying Amex doesn't do GW, don't believe that.  Everyone does GW (IMO) it's just about being persistent and not giving up.  People have said that Wells Fargo, Synchrony, etc. don't do GW adjustments either, but using the Saturation Technique I was able to break them and other lenders in time.  Don't take no for an answer.

That being said, a 30-day late from 6 years ago likely has zero scoring impact at this point.  Removing it would definitely get rid of an eyesore, but in terms of scoring it wouldn't help at all IMO.  At least it's due to fall off within the next year.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.